Skip the Middleman?

Ordinary Sammy
on 1/5/16 7:25 am
Revision on 01/25/16

I am researching having a Lapband to Sleeve revision in Mexico, and have found mostly coordinators that handle the scheduling and travel arrangements. 

Has anyone scheduled directly with the surgeon's office? If so, who did you use, and how much less was it?

Also, how much extra did you pay for hospital and/or hotel stay?

Thank you!

Samantha 

lindsayraec323
on 1/6/16 7:37 pm
VSG on 02/05/16

Hey, I chose to schedule with the Dr. Rather than the company.  It isn't a revision, just the sleeve.  I'm scheduled for Feb. 5th. I'm very nervous but I feel good about my decision and the Dr.  The cost is 5700 without airfare

Sandra F.
on 1/7/16 5:56 am

I scheduled straight with my doctor's office, but still dealt with a coordinator.  I had my surgery back in October 2014 with Dr. Fernando Garcia.  Here is the website:

http://www.tijuanabariatrics.com/cost-and-financing

Hotel and hospital stay were including in the price of the surgery, but each doctor is different so you must ask what is included when you talk to them.  Good luck to you.

Ordinary Sammy
on 1/7/16 9:20 am
Revision on 01/25/16

Thank you! I am scheduled with Dr. Ponce de Leon on January 25th. Everything is included except the flight. I am excited and nervous. I wish I had a traveling companion, but I have heard that the coordinator is there with you every step of the way. 

lindsayraec323
on 1/7/16 5:51 pm
VSG on 02/05/16

Wow that's very soon! Please let me know how everything goes!  Are you nervous?

llLou
on 2/21/16 6:23 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

I went directly through Dr. Kelly's office. It was all inclusive with the exception of your air fare. Good luck! Message me if you would like his number.  Linda

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views