VSG Doc's to Consider

JT1984
on 1/1/16 10:42 am

Hello Everyone,

I am looking into having VSG in Mexico. So far in my research Dr.Alvarez of endobariatric is my top pick. That being said, are there any other doctors along this same caliber that I should look into?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

J

ojosverdes86
on 1/1/16 12:40 pm

For all you that do not my story I had surgery 28 of November , I am out one month and feel great .
I had to go to Tijuana Mexico because my insurgence would not pay for my WLS.
I decided that mexico was a good choice because I only had to pay 4,500 and was within my payment range
I had to do a lot of research before I just jumped up and decided that I was going to make a big change in my life health wise I mean. I decided that Dr.Quinones was the best for me because I liked that he he is proctor from Johnson and Johnson and that he had 4 years of training as a trauma surgeon. He was chef of general at Tijuana General. He is a siting member of arbitration committee. Has done surgical residence in the U.S.. And that he also teaches other doctors to do bariatrical surgery.
To me all that really caught my eye and made me fill that he really knows what he is doing.
I also fill that I was right because he did a great job on me I could not of ask for more. even the incisions are really little and they are healing really good.

JT1984
on 1/1/16 2:13 pm

Thank you Ojosverdes. I appreciate the feedback.

sherryberry333
on 1/2/16 11:28 am - Casa Grande, AZ
RNY on 12/03/15

Dr Zavalza is wonderful. He has a support group on facebook and you can read all about him!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/856770857736807/

TD1808
on 1/4/16 5:49 am
VSG on 01/28/16

I'm scheduled with Dr. Rodriguez in Juarez. He is a top surgeon with education in the United States and Europe, studied both here and in Mexico, and has been doing this for a number of years. I'm paying a little bit more to go through him, but I feel confident he will treat me right. I watched him performing surgery on youtube and he is very precise and exacting. I don't know your surgeon from anyone elses but I've heard that name thrown around this website before.

Sandra F.
on 1/4/16 5:56 am

I had my VSG surgery with Dr. Fernando Garcia in October 2014.  I have minimal scarring, am down 115 lbs and loving life.  If you choose Dr. Garcia or any surgeon in Mexico, I would definitely recommend that you have someone near your home that is willing to follow up with you after surgery.  Good luck to you.

TD1808
on 1/4/16 6:14 am
VSG on 01/28/16

That's a very good point to remember - having someone follow up with you. I waited until Feb to ensure my new insurance plan would kick in so I'd be covered provided there were any complications - just in case. But a followup is always a good measure either way.

ojosverdes86
on 1/4/16 1:00 pm

You should look into Dr.Serigio Quinone

He is really good and has a proctor in Johnson and Johnson he has training in trauma surgeon, he has done residence surgery in the U.S. and is Chef of general at Tijuana surgical, he is a sitting member of arbitration committee.

I would go with him again if I had to he did a great job on me. 

Let me know who you decide to go with and good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views