FIRST MONTH

ojosverdes86
on 12/27/15 1:16 pm

So as some of you all know I had surgery a month ago with Dr. Quinones in mexico.
I was a self pay patient and went to Tijuana, got picked up at the airport and was taken straight to the facility.
Filled out some paperwork and got passed to my room,the nurse drawled blood from me.
I only waited about a half an hour before I was taken in for surgery.
When I woke up I was in a room right next to were I had surgery I felt very drazzy did not fell any pain I felt a lot of weight on me.
So about a half a hour latter after that I was taken to my room after the anesthesia wore of a little.
I remember as soon as I was taken to my room I fell back asleep, I felt sleepy for some while.
The next day I woke up and still felt the heaviness but not as bad.
I new that I had to get up and walk around as much as I could, if not I was going to feel this weight for some time the weight felling is body gas.
Do not get me wrong you will still have some pain but not as much,it does calm down a lot by walking around.
The next day I felt even better. I like that I was able to eat a couple Popsicle's.
I had to drink some kind of purple crap it tasted like s... but it was to see if I had any leaks in my stomach.
The doctor came in and told me that I was ready to go to the Hotel.
I had my drain taken out does not hurt when taken out just feels different,got dressed and was taken to the Hotel, I was going to go to a couple store around the town but decided to just rest.
Stayed the night their and my transportation came for me and took me back to the U.S.
The line was a little more longer than coming in but I was in no hurry, just told the sweet lady that had been driving me around for the last 4 days my experience in Mexico, and my surgery.
That woman is so sweet, she is very quit but she does talk, I think it is because she said that she is taking classes for English.
So know I am 1 month tomorrow and fell great I can see that I can walk a lot more than I was able to do before the surgery.
I am able to sit the floor with my kids and get back up on my own.
I am able to to a lot more things with my kids thanks to Dr. Quinones.
He changed my life and I really mean that it was the best decision to get this surgery done and to choose Dr.Quinones.

Tracy W.
on 12/27/15 9:13 pm
VSG on 01/13/16 with

I am glad you had a good experience.  I leave for my surgery in 16 days and am nervous about post op complications.  There are surgeons here in my town but they won't see me after going to Mexico.  I will see my family doctor when I get back.  I am praying that I have no problems.  I have to fly back to Kentucky and worry about blood clots.  

ojosverdes86
on 12/28/15 3:34 pm

You will be just fine the post op diet is not that bad I was also very nerves, and thought that I was going to be really hungry.

After surgery I was not hungry at all for the first few days.

I was thrusts but nothing I could not handle, even when I was able to drink I felt full so fast.

And as far as the doctor seeing you after surgery if their is no doctor who wants to see you,you can always go to the E.R.

They half to see you for any emergency that you might have.

You will be just fine. GOD BLESS...

JodieJoHa
on 1/29/16 4:31 pm

I'm not sure of your exact situation, but a Dr may be more willing to see you back home if you sign some sort of agreement that basically means "nothing is/ will be their fault" due to another doctors surgery and how they treat you. That's what my family doctor told me anyways. Surgery in 3 days!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views