Anyone use Dr Hidalgo in Puerto Vallarta?

Canadian_Girl
on 12/15/15 12:40 pm

Hi Everyone!! I am looking at having gastric sleeve at the end of March and am looking at Dr Hidalgo in Puerto Vallarta. Would anyone who used him be willing to share their experience with me? I want to make sure that I am making the best possible decision for myself.

Thanks in advance! :)

TKCAN
on 12/15/15 1:48 pm

Hello, I am from Canada also. I am having my surgery with him on February 24. There is not a lot of information about him on these weight loss forums. I have found a couple of his patients on the message boards that I have contacted.I have also joined his facebook group. I feel pretty confident in my decision.

Canadian_Girl
on 12/15/15 1:55 pm

Hi!! Thanks for your reply. You are right about there not being a lot of information. I was considering going and having surgery in Tijuana with BariatricPal but the thought of going and having the surgery done in Puerto Vallarta makes me feel a little bit better and I haven't found anything negative (that kind of worries me too though) Can I ask what made you decide to go with him?

TKCAN
on 12/16/15 2:01 pm

The main reason I went with him is because it is in pv mexico.I go there every year on vacation. There is no way I could get my husband to go to tj mexico, and there was no way I was going alone, not that I'm scared but I just want someone with me for after. Another reason was his price, I know u can get it done in tj for the same price but that's not an opition. $4200usd is a good price but u have to think that our Canadian $ is pretty low so $4200 is more like$5800 or more. Dr Lopez  and Dr joya do surgery there as well. I do not like what I read about Dr Lopez . I have talked to some of his patients read all I can on him. Asked 1000 questions and done my homework on him. He is experanced and  does only 3 a day .You fly right into pv mexico and don't have to worry about the boarder. The people I have talked to have great results and no complations . I wish his patients would write more on the message boards. Did u join his facebook group, lots of info on there. Good luck with who ever you decide on.

sue H.
on 12/19/15 4:03 am - Fishers, IN
VSG on 12/12/06 with

I had a VSG with Dr. Joya 9 years ago and my husband was sleeved a month ago with him. Great surgeon and hospital care. Highly recommend Dr. Joya and his support staff for this.

They are available for post op questions, but be aware that the post op care, nutritional advice is pretty much on your own.

Loved staying at the Westin PV post op...fantastic place.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views