Any Bad Experience is Mexico?

I_am_so_over_this
on 7/24/15 3:55 pm

Everywhere I look for info about WLS in Mexico people are super happy. Which is great!! But there must be people who have problems. Did you have a bad experiences? What things should I be on the look out for? Thanks!!

Chrissy Gallegos
on 7/25/15 3:30 pm
VSG on 03/18/15

My experience in Tijuana was great and I had no issues at all.  One thing that may seem crazy is the way they drive there.  OMG they drive so wild over there.  

Chrissy G.

Please follow my VSG blog.......https://chrissygallegos.wordpress.com/ My experience with my VSG 

Sandra F.
on 7/27/15 5:50 am

Had a great experience.  So glad that I had the sleeve surgery and couldn't afford it in the US, so Mexico was my only option for having WLS. 

BebeZed
on 7/29/15 8:55 am - Bellingham, WA

You have to be very careful and do your research if you want surgery in Mexico. There are good surgeons and there are definitely bad ones too.  LiZa_907 posted in the Revision forum about her horrendous experience in Tijuana - check that post out because it points out a couple of things to look for. A couple of things in particular: is the surgery performed in an actual hospital? How many surgeries does the doctor do per day (more is not better!). How many surgeries of the type you choose has the doctor done? Is recovery in the hospital or in a hotel room? (Note: I had lapband surgery in Mexico and recovered in a hotel room but wouldn't consider that for RNY, sleeve, or DS). Also don't let price be your main deciding factor. Good luck to you :)

I_am_so_over_this
on 8/3/15 3:32 pm

Thanks!!!

TerryF9
on 8/10/15 8:48 pm

As a Mexico Sleever, I agree with the posts saying you have to be very careful when choosing, not just your doctor, but also the facility. I'm sure there are bad experiences along with the good ones. Personally, I made sure my surgeon did not perform too many surgeries per day and also, because of my age (over 55) and as a diabetic, I had to be extra careful. Do your research, that's the best advice I can give.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views