Scared for VSG @ALM

janesmith27
on 6/29/15 4:52 pm

So I have surgery scheduled in Sept at ALM n Tiajuana.  I am from Canada and I am going alone!  I have never been in the hospital before and am scared.  Anyone with a similar story that they can share, I'd really appreciate it.  I'm trying to convince myself that the good will outweigh the bad and that I am making he best choice.  

Vonny916
on 6/29/15 9:10 pm

Hi there. I'm from Texas and I went alone. However, I used Dr. Illan at BajaBariatrics. I had a wonderful experience. I go back home tomorrow. I didn't feel lonely on my trip. My coordinator was there every step of the way or had someone in his place if he had to step out. The nurses were wonderful and all the doctors were nice. The hospital was clean so was the hotel. If you had any specific questions let me know :)

lookinglass
on 7/5/15 4:09 pm - Atlanta, GA

Maybe join some of the Facebook & here VSG groups and ask if anyone else will be there at the same time and you ladies can help support one another during it?

Chrissy Gallegos
on 7/14/15 2:29 pm
VSG on 03/18/15

Any type of surgery is scary in some ways.  It is quite scary to travel out of the country.  The most important thing is to trust your surgeon and you will be fine.  I went to Tijuana in March and had my surgery done and my experience was great and I honestly enjoyed my alone time.

Good luck on your journey.

janesmith27
on 7/15/15 12:14 pm

Thank you! That's a great way of putting it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views