Recent experiences with Dr. Illan

NicoleinLV
on 6/17/15 8:02 pm

After reading reviews I contacted Dr. Illan's office but am now unsure I can't seem to find any recent reviews. Also, I requested to join their FB page and no body has accepted me yet.  This makes me a little wary.  Can anyone share their experiences with Dr. Illan or their recent experience or input on another doctor in Tijuana for VSG? Thank you! 

Vonny916
on 6/17/15 8:35 pm

I am having my surgery next week so I can update you after that. 

NicoleinLV
on 6/18/15 3:43 am

Thank you.  I just haven't seen any recent reviews.  Is there somewhere else you found info?

Vonny916
on 6/29/15 7:58 am

Well I got the surgery done and everything is fine! I'm still in Mexico but I flight out tomorrow. If you have any questions let me know. Otherwise, everything went well and the overall experience was good!

NicoleinLV
on 7/10/15 4:31 pm

Thank you so much!!! Any tips or must have items to pack? Thanks again! 

Vonny916
on 7/14/15 3:10 pm

Tips: bring warm socks; It can get really cold in the hospital so bring loose clothes to stay warm. Also, once youre out of the hospital you could wear regular nice clothes...lol. So for the hospital i had sweats and t shirts, but for hotel I wore sundresses and the such. Omar will probably take you out to get soup so just keep that in mind. Omar will also probably take you tourist shopping so bring enough money if you plan on buying a lot of souvenirs.

I packed those gas strips but they didnt work. Bring chapstick; your lips will get dry. They give you slippers but you can pack your own if you really like yours. There are not many channels to watch that speak english so have some other things to read or watch while there. Channel 41 spoke english..lol. They have wifi that works fine but could be spotty at times. Bring chewing gum. your mouth will be so dry after the surgery and you can only have ice chips for about 2 days. Chewing gum helped with the dry feeling in my mouth. I didnt ask the doctor if I can do this or not. But i did it and once i got the flavor i spit it out and it helped a lot.

If you have any specific questions please let me know. Im still doing great and down 16.6lbs from surgery date. Good luck!

Cheesezrider35
on 2/13/16 1:57 pm

What hospital did you stay?

GLanier
on 12/6/17 9:22 pm

Was this with Dr. Illan? I see this was a couple of years ago too... how are you doing now? I am researching and want to get it done, but my hubby is wary. I am trying to find plenty of good reviews so that I can convince him that it is safe and worth it. Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views