Revision in Mexcio

2nd_time_around
on 6/14/15 9:27 am

I had the lap band done in 2009 things were going o****il last summer when I had a slip. The dr. removed my fluid the slip resolved itself then it happen 3 more times in which the Dr. decided the band is no longer functional. I am now going to have a revision but getting pushed around by the doctors here in the US so I am headed to Mexico to self pay. I have done a lot of research and decided to go with Dr. Fernando Garcia in Tijuana. Can anyone who has had surgery with him please let me know how it went and what type of surgery you had. I obviously and SUPER nervous about going to Mexico for surgery.

BandedGirl09
on 6/14/15 4:55 pm

I too had the band placed in 2009. I currently have a slippage but BCBS-AL is not recognizing thus they have denied the revision to sleeve. I'm also looking for a doctor in Mexico for self-pay. 

llLou
on 6/14/15 7:21 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

I had a VSG with Dr. Kelly in TJ Mexico. Fantastic experience. Message me with any questions.  Linda

Sandra F.
on 6/16/15 6:12 am

I never had the band, but had the sleeve surgery with Dr. Garcia in October of last year.  I am a little over 8 months out and doing great.  I didn't have any complications other than the normal sleeve issues like constipation, dehydration (at first) and nausea from overeating.  My scars are very minimal.  Although I have not heard from Dr. Garcia's team after the surgery, I do recommend him as it appears he has done a great job on mine.

Chrissy Gallegos
on 7/14/15 2:33 pm
VSG on 03/18/15

Trust in your surgeon is key to the least amount of fear as I feel we all have a fear when it comes to surgery anytime, anywhere.  I went to Tijuana for my surgery in March and my surgeon, Dr. Jorge Maytorena, did a fabulous job.  I am almost to goal and not quite 4 months post-op.  I have a blog of my experience and if you are interested, let me know.  It can at least give you an idea of how things are both pre and post-op.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views