elusive MX doctors

Heavy Duty00
on 5/8/15 8:54 am, edited 5/15/15 10:28 pm

i just got an email from AnaKaren who said that her email had changed. I guess Dr Alejandro Lopez had a new web site, bariatricsurgeries.com... or at least he's more going by "ALo Bariatrics".

Ugh has anyone else noticed that most of these damn doctors skip around from web site to web site; hospital to hospital; medical tourism company to medical tourism company? It's so frustrating! There were a few on my list that I checked off because their jumping around made me nervous.

I was also wondering if this has happened to anyone before our if it will effect the pricing? I'm hong to email her back. I think I'm ready to get started and set a surgery date.

Y D.
on 5/8/15 10:47 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Dr Lopez was my surgeon in January, and he was still under contract with MBC at that time, but left the next month to start his own practice. If you were quoted a price before with him I'm sure the team would honor it.

Congrats on moving towards setting a date! :)

Heavy Duty00
on 5/8/15 5:38 pm, edited 5/8/15 5:39 pm

let me clarify, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this doctor... I haven't had a bad experience. I've noticed that a lot of these doctors move around a lot. I'm not sure if I should worry or not.

KRS2014
on 5/12/15 7:46 am
with

Hi, I had Dr. Lopez in August 2014 and I know he went through some changes with regards to his location and business but it is all for the better. He is more independent now and he has moved to a newer hospital where he has more control. I guess at the other hospital his patients were sometimes being discharged without his consent. I am very happy with him and we have kept in touch via Facebook. He often comments on my update posts and has been a great support for me. Best of luck to you on your surgery. It certainly has been life changing for me and I have absolutely no regrets.

Sandra F.
on 5/11/15 6:44 am

My surgeon was Dr. Fernando Garcia of tijuanabariatrics.com.  Good luck to you in your decision!

newslim2015
on 5/18/15 12:57 pm

I used Dr. J. Lopez from bariatricpal.com, he owns his clinic, so there's no chance he'll be moving around, he does Skype with you, so do all the doctors they work with, I did great with my surgeon, I have really good results, and they really took good care of me, they have great all inclusive deals... you should give a chance.

Laura O.
on 5/23/15 3:47 pm - Bruceville, TX

I went with Dr. Wilhelmy at Almater Hospital and cannot say enough good things about him, his team and the entire hospital and staff......

Laura 

HW 330    SW 278    CW 270   GW 140

Chrissy Gallegos
on 6/4/15 2:52 pm
VSG on 03/18/15

I went with Dr Maytorena and LongTerm VSG.  they're great and do the Sleeve for $2999.  I've had great results.....down 46.8lbs since March 18.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views