VGS may 22 with ALM.

MsloveVSG
on 7/10/15 5:18 am

Hi janesmith2, thanks for your well wishes. Everything went well with my surgery and I am feeling great. I'll give u a quick overview of the process. I arrived on Friday the 19th and I was picked up from the airport along with another patient. We were brought to the mi hospital where we had pre op testing. We then went to the hotel where we relaxed for the rest of the night.

The next morning the driver took us to the hospital where we were brought to our rooms and prepared for surgery. There were 7 of us total who had surgery that day, 5 of us who had vsg. I didn't see the other 2 patients much, but the 5 of us who had vsg got to know each other. I was the first of the vsg patients to go. I remember going to the surgical room and the doctor talking to me. Next thing I know I was waking up in the recovery room. The night of surgery I didn't have much pain but I had a lot of gas that was uncomfortable. I walked a ton and slept in-between. The next day I felt better but still had gas. I continued to walk and hang out with the other patients. The following morning(Monday) we had our drains and Iv removed and were taken back to the hotel. That afternoon our group, along with the group that was sleeved the day before went shopping and toured around TJ it was fun and we were able to eat delicious homemade ice cream and taco broth. We all felt good and had a great time. I felt pretty much back to normal.

Tuesday was a free day where we hung out at the hotel  and walked to different places on the blvd. Wednesday we went to the airport and went home. The entire time we were at the hotel nurses would come check on us a couple times a day. All in all it was a great experience and I would recommend going through ALM. I have been feeling great since surgery and went back to work right away. My incisions have healed great and look good and I have been pretty successful with getting in my protein and liquid each day. 

Sorry this was so long. I hope it helps! Let me know if you have any questions. You will do great and be on the losing side soon. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views