Have weight loss surgery in Tijuana, Mexico

Sandra F.
on 4/9/15 11:56 pm

I had the Sleeve.  I went with my husband.  It was nice to have a travel companion but I have seen a lot of people on here that go by themselves.

SimRose18
on 4/10/15 1:41 am

I was in the same boat as you, so I ended up using A Lighter me just so only thing I'd have to do is pay them, and everything else will be arranged for me. My parents aren't happy either, but I know I need to do this for myself. My moms coming with me because she's scared to let me go alone, I am too, but you gotta do what you gotta do! 

Good luck!

band07sleeve13
on 4/10/15 7:51 am

I'm having a revision with Dr. Rodriguez in 2 weeks.  I have obsessively researched and feel great about my decision and his abilities. He has performed over 10,000 bariatric surgeries and you stay the entire time in the hospital and not a hotel.   If I wasn't using himc Dr. Ramos Kelly would be my second choice. 

HunterW
on 5/27/15 4:19 pm - Phoenix, AZ

I'm kind of in the same situation, reading about going to Tijuana and finding everything I can about different bariatric surgeons. First of all, I think Tijuana is dangerous, I know that the border is very conflictive, mostly because, like in Juarez the drug cartels "run" the place, at least that's what the media on the Internet says, I know that the rates they offer are considerably less expensive than in Phoenix, so that is why I'm thinking of Tijuana as an option, but I'm not sure that it's worth the risk, I wouldn't like to be in a situation that I couldn't handle. If you have any more information please share it. 

cefaz
on 5/28/15 1:57 pm - Mexico

Hi, Hunter. 

I understand that people looking for surgery are a bit more sensitive, after all, health is what matters most. I myself live in Tijuana. I can honestly say Tijuana, when it comes to being dangerous to visit, is as safe as any city its size in the US. Sure there are some parts of the city I would strongly encourage you to avoid... but the same could be said about LA, Baltimore or Washington DC. 

A close family member just had surgery with Dr. Maytorena from Long Term VSG. Their clinic is located in one of the most affluent parts in town and I can assure you that it is as safe as it gets (besides, he's a goddamn surgeon!). If you have any question regarding accommodation or safe places to visit, I'll be glad to help. 

danggirl
on 6/4/15 11:47 am

I am considering having surgery with Dr. Maytorena and I was wondering if you could tell me more about the process. Everything posted online seems too good to be true so I just am hesitant... I'd like to see a review from someone not affiliated with the websites...thank you!

cefaz
on 6/15/15 2:45 pm - Mexico

It's super simple! You fill the form and you'll have response quickly on whether the doctor approved you for surgery. If you have been approved, they send you the information on the package, pre-op diet, info on arrival, etc... It takes only 3 days: arrival and surgery, recovery and finally flying/driving back home. That's it. Everything's included in the package. I suggest you try and give them a call. The patient coordinator, Ruben, is a pretty cool and professional guy. He'll answer to all of your questions. 

ckh72
on 6/11/15 9:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15 with

Ok Everyone I'm one week post op and I feel great. I had surgery with Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela. She was awesome I have no complaints. Everything went as plan and I'm already back at work. The funny part about this whole adventure was the person the was the most scared for me to go was the person that had the most fun of all in Tijuana. (My Mom). I have meet so many nice people and formed so many new friendships. If I had to do it all over again yes I would, I would not change a thing!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views