Have weight loss surgery in Tijuana, Mexico

ckh72
on 4/9/15 6:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15 with

My family is really afraid of me going outside of the country to have surgery. I'm just needing some guidance as to who to use and where to go.

GabyStP0126
on 4/9/15 7:43 am - Edmonton, Canada

Hi! So I'm having surgery in Tijuana Mexico with Dr. Valenzuela on April 23 (so excited!)

i was really hesitant at first with going to Tijuana for this, but I have heard so many testimonies and I have a good feeling about it. At first I was scheduled with Dr. Lopez, but I had a bad feeling and heard some bad things about him. I talked with one of the ladies at the bariatric center in Mexico about my worries and she recommended Dr. Valenzuela. I have no worries that I will have a good experience with her. 

I can let you know how it goes in two weeks!

ckh72
on 4/9/15 1:25 pm
RNY on 06/03/15 with

I was considering Lopez from everything Ive heard on here. Still searching.  I want to go the end of May

GabyStP0126
on 4/9/15 3:00 pm - Edmonton, Canada

I heard so many good things about Lopez too. But then a family friend told me about how she went down to Mexico and got a bypass done by Lopez and she almost died. I also talked to one of the ladies that contacts patients down in Mexico and she said that she has noticed Lopez has been getting ****y in his abilities, therefore he isn't as careful as he used to be. 

But it that's just what I heard. He could be a great doctor, who knows. I'm very glad I switched, however. I had a bad feeling when I was scheduled with him before and now I am very confident my decision to get the sleeve with Valenzuela is right for me. 

ckh72
on 4/9/15 10:51 pm
RNY on 06/03/15 with

Thanks for your response, I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience.

ckh72
on 5/27/15 8:26 pm
RNY on 06/03/15 with

Gaby I was just checking to see how your surgery went.

Kellimarellie
on 4/9/15 4:29 pm
VSG on 06/11/15

I am scheduled with  Dr. Kelly. I have been to Mexico many times for vacations and in my research everything I have heard of  for going there for a medical procedure has been fine. I guess it depends on the surgeon. Even though I am scheduled I am still continuing my research. I did just have a phone call on behalf of Lopez and am now researching him. With Kelly I know he wants everyone to purchase medical insurance (about $200) just in case of anything unexpected you are covered. In talking with Lopez' rep I was suprised to hear they did not. Now I read people having to pay extra for hernia. Hmm. Anyways, when are you thinking of going? I'm in June. I'm taking my spouse with me. 

ckh72
on 4/9/15 10:54 pm
RNY on 06/03/15 with

Thanks for responding. I want to go in the late part of May. But being on hear is confusing me so much now. I'm still weighing my options. Let me know who your final choice is.

Sandra F.
on 4/9/15 10:46 pm

I had surgery in October with Dr. Fernando Garcia of Tijuana Bariatrics.  My mom was not thrilled that I was going to Mexico to have this done, but it was either Mexico or nothing as I could not afford to self-pay in the US.  I would recommend Dr. Garcia.  I have also heard many people say that they had a hernia repair with Dr. Lopez and my coordinator had told me that if I have a hernia, I would know about it ahead of time, so I wonder about that too with Dr. Lopez and that is one of the main reasons why I did not choose him. 

ckh72
on 4/9/15 10:56 pm
RNY on 06/03/15 with

Congrats on your surgery. What procedure did you have? if you don't mind me asking. And did you go by yourself?

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views