lonesome dove...

chaichick
on 3/8/15 10:52 am

I will be traveling (alone) to have my surgery with Dr. Kelly at the end of the month.  Has anyone else on here gone alone?  Anything I should be concerned about besides the obvious?

lmoore1
on 3/8/15 12:14 pm

I am having surgery on 4/1 with Dr. Ortiz and I am also traveling alone....a little nervous!

Zabet2015
on 3/9/15 5:57 am

I don't know anything about Dr Kelly... but I just got back from my surgery with Dr Ariel Ortiz, and I went by myself.  No problems whatsoever.  Pickup from the airport was smooth, hotel stuff was all as promised, and my care at the clinic was so good.  Seriously--they really take phenomenal care of you.  Other than just being without someone to talk to while I was recovering in the hotel room, it was a breeze (and I slept most of the time anyway).  And the group who had procedures my same day were so supportive and helpful too!  We all hung out together and made sure we all were ok.  You will be just fine!!!!   Best of luck!  I don't have a single regret... it was a great experience.

SW: 212  CW: 200  GW: 145   Getting there...one step at a time!

(VSG surgery on 3/4/15 by Dr. Ariel Ortiz)

llLou
on 3/9/15 8:55 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I went with a friend to Dr. Kelly. Another friend of mine went by herself and had a very positive experience. Dr. Kelly and his team will take excellent care of you! Good luck! Linda :)

Charismah
on 3/13/15 1:21 am - Ephrata, WA

I am also probably going to travel alone. My husband has to stay home with our kids. I am not getting a lot of positive feedback from my circle....so I will probably have to go alone. But either way I am going!

Robbin
on 3/15/15 1:18 am - OK

I had surgery with Dr. Ortiz in January, 2007. I did have a friend go with me for the banding but went back twice for fills alone and no problems at all. The best medical experiences I've ever encountered. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views