Dr. Ramos Kelly- A Review

Ladybugsy
on 3/6/15 12:58 am

I just returned from Tijuana and Dr. Kelly's care on Tuesday.  What an experience!  I have to admit that it was harder than I anticipated, but also, like having a baby...you forget the pain when the excitement of your new life begins :).  When I arrived we went immediately to get a chest Xray and bloodwork.  Can I just say that I would NEVER be able to do those things in under 30 minutes here at home?  LOL.  I would be there all day!  The next morning, I went to Clinica San Juan.  The clinic is new and beautiful and SPOTLESS.  The nurses did have a bit of a language barrier, however they always knew what I needed.  I had my google translator ready to use, but didn't need it at all.  One thing I will mention is that your guest will be sleeping in a recliner.  It does lean all the way back, however you should bring a pillow and blanket of your own as they don't provide this for you at the clinic.  My room was the only semi private room, but it didn't feel semi private.  I shared with another girl who had her surgery the same day as me.  There is an actual wall between the two rooms, just an opening to walk through.  Also, on my side, I had a nice little patio with a sliding glass door and a screen.  It was very nice to have open with a breeze blowing through the room.  The first day, I won't lie, was miserable.  I didn't have the dreaded gas pains, but I was pretty uncomfortable.  It got better each day. Dr. Kelly checked on me several times each day.   My swallow test was on Sunday Morning, and Dr. Kelly was there with his associate Dr. Vazquez.  Everything was perfect.  NO LEAKS!  WOOHOO! I was given all my Xrays, and meds to take home along with my surgical report.   At that point, we were taken to the Lucerna, and Dr. Kelly was there before we were!  The next morning, I was outside waiting to leave and guess who was there AGAIN to see us off and make sure we had no additional questions?  Dr. Kelly! He even arranged for us to have a brief shopping trip prior to crossing the border.  :)  

So in closing, I want to thank Dr. Kelly and his staff for the excellent care I received as his patient. There wasn't a moment that I felt alone or that my concerns went unheard. Dr. Kelly spent as much time with me and my numerous questions and concerns as I needed. The staff at San Juan Clinica was very professional as well. I never waited for medicine or anything that I needed. I would highly recommend Dr. Kelly and his staff to my closest family members and friends. I would never have received the promptness, level of care and true compassion and interest in my procedure in the States as I experienced with him.

HW 350.  SW 338.  CW 320. 

Month 1, including pre-op: -27 pounds

llLou
on 3/6/15 1:54 am - Halifax NS, Canada

Congratulations on your new journey! Dr. Kelly and his team are an excellent choice!  Linda :)

TamBam
on 3/6/15 2:05 pm

Loved reading your review. My surgery is about six weeks away,  on April 18. I'm extremely thrilled that Dr. Kelly is my surgeon. Heath has been amazing answering all my emails so promptly, within a day, as well. Happy for you and your experience with Dr. Ramos Kelly. Good job! :) 

llLou
on 3/6/15 11:50 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

Congratulations and Good Luck Tam! You are in good hands!  Linda:)

chaichick
on 3/8/15 10:44 am

I am so happy to have read this review.  I leave for Mexico on the 25th of this month with Dr. Kelly at Clinica San Juan and this has put me at ease.  I am going alone so I am a little on edge..but have heard nothng but great things about Dr. Kelly.  Thank you so much for sharing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views