HELP NEED INFO ON Dr. Francisco Gonzalez Tijuana Mexico

Searrah22
on 3/6/15 4:30 am

ME AND MY MOTHER ALREADY SCHEDULED OUR GASTRIC SLEEVE SURGERY ON MARCH 18 2015 WITH DR CURIEL IN TIJUANNA MEXICO AND I GET A EMAIL THIS MORNING STATING THAT THE HOSPITAL DROPPED DR CURIEL AND WE WILL NOW BE WITH Dr. Francisco Gonzalez. IM NERVOUS BECAUSE THIS IS 12 days before the surgery and I don't know anything about this doctor. Please share your honest opinion because me and my mother are doing this and I'm fearing more so for her I don't want anything to go wrong. So help please! Thank you in advance!!

MaryWLS
on 6/3/15 10:42 am

Hi... Surgery scheduled for next week.... What was your honest experience with Dr. Gonzalez, his team, and now recovery/scars, etc? Thanks!

ready2lookgood
on 6/26/15 5:20 pm

Hello,

I too would like to go to Dr Gonzalez, but am VERY nervous because I cannot seem to find ANY info on this man. How did things go?

MaryWLS
on 6/28/15 7:56 am

Hi!!

It all went great! The hospital staff/nurses are all very sweet and calm and welcoming. The facility is small, but, fully equipped and clean. The limited number of room keeps the focus on you the entire time. The location is awesome.... Literally minutes from the border. Dr. Gonzalez was kind, answered all my questions after giving me the rundown on what was going to occur. The anesthesiologist was sweet, knowledgeable and gave a lot of info before surgery, too, although by the time my surgery was done that day, I had a different guy (she was with another surgeon on numerous surgeries before Dr. G. Started his surgeries for the day). I would absolutely recommend Dr. Gonzalez and the Clinica San Juan. :) Good luck!! 

ready2lookgood
on 6/28/15 8:42 am

Thank you for the info, I am a little confused by your comment, The anesthesiologist was sweet, knowledgeable and gave a lot of info before surgery, too, although by the time my surgery was done that day, I had a different guy (she was with another surgeon on numerous surgeries before Dr. G. Started his surgeries for the day). 

so you didn't have your surgery from Dr Gonzalez, but someone else?

MaryWLS
on 6/28/15 8:54 am

Dr. Gonzalez was the surgeon who did my sleeve. And a girlfriend from home who was with me, too, actually. She has a sleeve the same day by Dr. Gonzalez. 

The anesthesiologist who initially talked to me was a female who ended up being a different anesthesiologist for my surgery. Like most hospitals in the US, anesthesiologists are in shifts that are set times (say, 8am-4pm, then the next is 4pm-10pm, etc) while the surgeons are booked in order for the day. So, a few of the first surgeries (some other doctor) must've gone later and by the time it was Dr. G's turn, the anesthesiologist who initially talked to us was off shift, so Dr. Gonzalez's patients (me and my girlfriend) had a different anesthesiologist in the room with Dr. Gonzalez.

ready2lookgood
on 6/28/15 9:05 am

Oh lol ok. Sorry for the confusion. It is just such a difficult decision because you can find absolutely nothing on this Dr, so I have been in termoil in deciding between him and 2 other Drs. 

MaryWLS
on 6/28/15 9:46 am

No worries. I also found it difficult to find information on him. What I did find was all positive, though! I'm glad I went with Dr. Gonzalez as my choice. I figure out through talking to the nurse that most of his referrals come from other patients. So, my intent is to write up a post on him and the hospital specifically so people looking into him will have some feedback. Let me know if you decide to go with Dr. Gonzalez, and I'll put you directly in touch with his scheduler. It may save you $100 or so not booking through one of the medical tourism places. I don't know anything about other doctors in the TJ area. The only one I can say worried me based on reviews across forums and decided to stay away from was Dr. Huacuz. I hope this helps!! Let me know if you have any others questions or concerns. I know it's a huge step!! 

ready2lookgood
on 6/28/15 4:57 pm

I am leaning towards Dr Gonzalez or Dr Jorge Maytorena. I was considering Dr Vanboreen, but reviews are really mixed. I would love to have direct contact with the clinic because I have been dealing with the medical tourism and they are so slow in getting back to me or not providing me with specific info I am requesting like pictures of the single incision scars and multi incision scars this Dr leaves. I am ready to literally look for another Dr somewhere else if I cannot deal directly with the clinic. My quote was $3899 plus $60 for meds. Dr Maytorena has great reviews and is only charging $2999. I heard Huacuz has actually killed people.

Thank you for your help.

MaryWLS
on 6/28/15 6:46 pm

I think a lot of places are hesitant to put up pictures of the single incision because it looks so big.  Google "Single Incision Bariatric Surgery" and click on images and you'll see what I mean. ::cringe::  I'm not sure really if any are better or worse, but, I've had a lapband done and removed, gallbladder removed and 2 laparoscopies for Endo, so, I'm used to the tiny incisions I've got going on at this point. ;) 

I'll add you and then send you my email so I can put you directly in touch with the woman who does Dr. G's scheduling and you can go from there with her. I know he has done 2500+ sleeves, but, I don't know if he does the single incision? 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views