Insurance coverage for aftercare on Mexico VSG

Need_advice10
on 2/26/15 3:54 am
with

Does anyone know if Blue Cross Blue Shield would cover any after care or complications after a VSG done in Mexico?  I'm scheduled with Dr. Valenzuela for next week.  I also had a few other questions:  Does the all inclusive cover companion's food?  Where does companion sleep in hospital?  Are post op meds included in my cost?   Thank you in advance!  I'm so nervous!  I'm also having my gallbladder removed at the same time.

KeishaLeigh
on 2/28/15 10:36 am - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

It is going to depend on your insurance on what is covered. You will have to contact them directly.

As for the other, I did not go through your same doctor so there may be differences.. However, my companions food was not covered in the cost. The hospital sent out for their food but she had to pay. There was a fold out couch that she slept on in my room. I did receive medicine to bring home with me. I received antibiotics, pain meds, and a ppi.

Good luck! 

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

Memelee504
on 3/5/15 6:04 am - New Orleans, LA
with

What do you mean by after care, I have BCBS and I'm able to go to my PCP for follow up appts. As it relates to complications they will check you several times before you leave Mexico so if their is a problem you'll know right away. But if you have to go to the ER at home they will cover you. But I'm sure you won't have any problems with your sleeve.

As far as your guest, I had my surgery at VIDA hospital my husband stayed in the room with me. There's two beds in the room he slept in his bed and all of his food while at VIDA was free for him and he ate liked a King, all he talked about was how good the food was and post-op meds are included. But it depends on what hospital, what Dr you are having your surgery with.. Ask your coordinator to be sure...

Good luck and there is nothing to be nervous about. 

mygreatescape
on 3/23/15 1:05 am

Who was your surgeon? Which surgery did you have?

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views