AlighterMe.com

dinwards
on 2/27/15 2:44 am

has anyone gone through this site?  I would be interested in knowing how everything went.  The Pros and Cons  I really need to have the VGS and I need to be going to Mexico for it since I will be self paying.  PLEASE HELP..  theres so many Drs and options.  I need to here everyone experiences

KeishaLeigh
on 2/28/15 10:27 am - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

I did not go through ALighterMe. However I did self pay in Mexico. I had surgery this past week on Feb 24. I went through Endobariatric with Dr Alvarez. I had a great experience.  If I could answer any questions for you about their setup please pm me. I would be glad to help.

Keisha

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

TamBam
on 3/4/15 3:05 am

Didn't use this site, nor the one I started with, Mexico Bariatric Center. I wanted to book directly with a surgeon, and not have these centers "pick" one for me. I got a bad gut feeling after getting two emails from the MBC patient coordinator. I'm not suggesting their surgeons aren't good, but setting this up for myself is a huge decision and I don't want to be treated like "just another vsg patient." I'm going with Dr. Kelly as I was able to contact him through his office, Heath is his coordinator. Dr. Kelly called me a few days after submitting my online medical history and I thought that was fantastic. I've worked in the medical field for 20 years and am very picky. I'm open minded of course knowing that Mexico's health care is different that ours here in the US. I suggest you do extensive research, read the many forum posts here and on other bariatric websites. My surgery is tentative for April 18. Hope this helps. :) 

Memelee504
on 3/5/15 6:16 am - New Orleans, LA
with

I didn't go through a lighter me.. I initially chose Mexico Bariatrics Center and I had a bad experience with them so I end up booking directly through my doctor as well.

I was sleeved on 2/16/15 with Dr. Alejandro Lopez he and his team was excellent.. My experience was great the VIDA hospital I stays in was great.  After doing a lot of research I chose a doctor that best fit me needs. And I'm so glad I did.... If you have any direct question please contact me I will be happy to help you.. 

Good luck..

dinwards
on 3/5/15 12:02 pm

I would like to know everything about r trip from start to finish please.  How was the hospital compared to those in the US,  did u ever feel scared? How did I feel right after surgery ?  Etc

Memelee504
on 3/16/15 9:56 am, edited 3/16/15 9:57 am - New Orleans, LA
with

Hi sorry it took me so long to respond I haven't been on this web site lately. Well my experience- I arrived at 8:00pm in San Diego on Valentines Day with my husband. We were picked up by the oh so cute Frank lol...and bought us to the Marriott hotel, it was nice no complaints at all.  Marsole met me and waited for me to check in. I was given a list of items that was free for me to eat in the hotel and was told to rest myself that I would have labs taken on the next day in my room. On Sunday my husband and I got up and toured the city we had a blast; we went shopping, we went to the movies and we went to dinner at a great Mexican restaurant that has a huge Mexican hat on top of it.. The food was good.  I arrived back at the hotel and there was someone there to take my labs, he took about 4 vials of blood and that was it.  Monday 2/16 was surgery day, I was picked up at 8:30am and went to get an EKG  and the doctor discussed my blood work and my EKG results. I arrived at the beautiful Vita surgery center and I had surgery 1 hour later. I was not scared the nurses and doctor explained every thing to you a million times. There are 3 doctors in your operating room with you at all times. If you have your surgery at Vita you will be impressed my husband could not stop talking about how good the food was and how nice Vita is. After surgery I was in recover for about an hour than I went to my room. I was up and walking around the hospital by 5pm. The only issue I had was the ice chips any time I ate the ice chips I had dry heaving.. The nurse came and bought me some nausea meds and I was fine. I did sleep a lot but when ever I was awake I walked. I had the single incision sleeve done so I had little to no pain. My incision was tucked into my belly button so I couldn't see it. It was small and pain free. I returned back home on Thursday 2/19 and have been doing fine. My husband was with me every step of the way..my only issue is trying to figure out all of these dog on vitamins..  Don't be scared there are so many great doctors in Mexico it depends on  how much you want to spend to have this surgery. Today is my 1 month anniversary and I'm down 25 pounds. I have no complains.. Good Luck 

dinwards
on 3/17/15 2:53 pm

Which Dr did u end up using?  And if u don't mind me asking what was the price?  Thanks for all the info too.  Did u have to do a liquid diet prior to going?

Memelee504
on 3/18/15 9:41 am - New Orleans, LA
with

Dr. Lopez, $4600 for the sleeve but I paid an additional $1500 to have single incision.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views