Anyone getting surgery with Ramos Kelly in March?

TamBam
on 2/27/15 9:24 am

Hello, first time posting, long time lurker. :) I just spoke today with Heath, Dr. Kelly's patient coordinator. I'm so glad that I have done my research for many months and have narrowed down, or selected Dr. Ramos Kelly. I have a tentative surgery date of April 18, 2015. Heath informed me that the surgery will be at Clinica San Juan, so I too am seeking more information about this location. I found out from Heath that my husband, whom is joining me in my journey, will have to settle for recliner rather than a comfy bed to sleep in during my stay. Heath is trying to convince (someone) to get a cot or something for patient's travel companions. I do feel bad having my husband have to sleep on a reclining chair, so hopefully they'll figure something out before our trip. I was pleased to find out the cost is $4700, and no longer $5500 for Dr. Kelly. I did seek out Mexico Bariatric Center and submitted a health history questionnaire, which was approved within a few hours, but the communication with Debi after to select a few surgery dates took four days. At that, she gave me a few dates and requested a $500 deposit to hold the surgery date. It wasn't really a rude email, just short, and unenthusiastic in this huge life changing decision I've made. I'm 46 years young and have learned to totally trust my gut, so I got in touch with Dr. Kelly's PC, Heath. I have also worked in the health care industry for 20 years and KNOW how these types of decisions can consume someone. I didn't want to be just "another vsg patient" and that's the vibe I got through MBC. They are a middle man and I wanted to book directly with my surgeon, which I've been able to do with Dr. Kelly. I'm so excited! 

llLou
on 2/27/15 10:42 am - Halifax NS, Canada

You have made a terrific choice! As I have said time and time again Dr. Kelly is the best. You will be very happy with your decision!  Linda

divamc
on 3/4/15 1:19 am - Riverview, FL

Dr. Kelly is a good surgeon, but he is not a professional. He has posted personal medical information of his patients on Facebook. He is very defensive and aggressive in his way of attacking patients that say anything other than he is the greatest thing since Jesus. I had a not so good experience with him. Not as bad as some (Thank goodness), but he does not handle the truth well at all. Pray you get him on a good day, cause otherwise...it can get ugly.

almansaalicia
on 2/22/16 2:14 am

is anyone getting surgery in April?

Stacykik
on 7/30/16 12:44 pm

Have you had your surgery? If yes how was it? I want to go have the surgery I seen some good reviews 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views