Is a Lighter Me one of the best places to have your surger?

nurseangie_72
on 2/15/15 10:02 pm - Corbin , KY

I'm looking into getting the process started and doing my homework. I'm thinking of going with a Lighter Me. I've been checking out there website which of I'm scared going out of the U.S. just because what if something happens and you are back home? I see the pricing is considerably cheaper than in the U.S. Can you all please give me some insight on A Lighter Me and is there any others that are better? I need advice please. Thank you

Jennifer E.
on 2/22/15 9:43 am

I looked into Lighter Me and I wasn't very impressed. Their prices are more expensive. I decided to have my surgery in Tijuana Mexico and I went to www.tijuanabariatrics.com The doctors are amazing and highly respected in Mexico and the US. I am having the DS surgery with Dr. Garcia on the 11th of March. The hospital is right near the US board and the Ocean. The hospital will pick me up at the San Diego airport and bring me to the hospital, I will have surgery the next day and leave 5 days after that. They will then bring me back to the airport. The coordinator will plan your whole trip. All I did was pick the dates and flights (I went with Southwest, best deal and great service and care with their 'customer of size' policy). Hope this helps some.

ynotony1966
on 4/20/15 10:31 am

Hello Jennifer, I was worried if you could give me the contact information for your Cordinator.

Jennifer E.
on 4/20/15 10:38 am

Hello! Go to tijuanabariatrics.com and fill out the little contact me form. A coordinator will be in touch very soon! 

6 weeks out and down 43 lbs! 

RanellSV
on 2/23/15 6:03 am, edited 2/23/15 6:03 am

I'm having my surgery VGS April 3 with Dr Ortiz I'm going through A Lighter Me. I've done my research and talked to people that have already been through i****ched tons of youtube vlogs of previous paitents and they all have nothing but great things to say I'm excited. Good luck to you with whoever you choose 

RanellSV
on 2/23/15 6:05 am

I've watched*... not sure why it shows up like that

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/15 4:48 am

I went through ALM and was very happy with all the staff . Dr. Ortiz did an awesome job. I had an awesome experience from beginning to end. I stayed in MiDoctor Hospital and the Marriott on Day three up until I left. The Hospital was very clean and all of the hospital staff were very nice and took great care of me. I'm glad I chose ALM!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views