thinking about going to Dr Kelly, which hospital is better? angeles or mi dictor?

Gail L.
on 2/16/15 8:21 pm, edited 2/16/15 8:22 pm

Hello, I am looking to go with Dr Kelly to and hoping to go in March. I filled out the contact card on Dr Kelly's web site and received a call back from Heath on Sunday, very nice guy. I was advised the following (see below). (Dr Kelly will no longer be doing surgery at Mi Doctor)

I am looking to find out if anyone will be going to any of the new places he now will be doing the surgery at as I can't find much info on these places when I do searches.

Dr. Kelly performs surgery out of 3 locations. The first 2 are full service hospitals and Clinica San Juan is a surgical center.   

1. Angeles Hospital.  The sleeve costs $7400 + $278.41 for medical tourism insurance

2. Hospital Del Prado. www.hospitaldelprado.com  The sleeve costs $5900 + $278.41 for medical tourism insurance

3. Clinica San Juan. http://www.clinicasanjuan.com.mx  The sleeve costs $4700 + $200.10 for medical tourism insurance  

Dr. Kelly has all patients stay 2 days at each place before they go to the hotel for up to 2 additional days.    

freddie8_8
on 2/22/15 9:35 am

Gale, do you know what is covered in the medical tourism insurance that dr. kelly offers in his fee quote. is that just coverage for trip cancellation insurance or is it coverage to pay or medical bills when you get back to the U.S and have complications. I'm using corvala at hospital angeles but he doesn't offer the medical tourism insurance.  IF I can get coverage when I get back to the u.s for any post op complications that would give me piece of mind as I don't think my u.s health insurance will cover it. 

Gail L.
on 2/22/15 9:56 am

The medical tourism coverage is only for when you are in mexico and if there are any complications during or after the surgery. It does not cover anything once you are back in the US

freddie8_8
on 2/22/15 10:00 am

i personally would go to hospital angeles with kelley but it is a personal decision for everyone to make. everyone has there own budget to work with. I personally won't go cheap here as if something were to go wrong i would want to be at a place that can take care of any complication.   hospital angeles in tijuana and hospital almater in mexicali are the only two places I can get comfortable with but they are more expensive. 

moveherfeet
on 5/7/15 11:53 am

I'm in the sam boat as you, Gail.  Does anyone know anything RE Clinica San Juan?  I know Angeles Hospital is cheaper but it also costs over  $2,500  dollars more there, to have the same surgery with the same surgeon.  That's a lot of money to me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views