thinking about going to Dr Kelly, which hospital is better? angeles or mi dictor?

jorgerz
on 2/10/15 4:18 am

i've been thinking about the surgery for some time and i'm considering Dr Kelly since he's been praised in most post and haven't seen any negative commentaries, but i want to make sure i make the right choise, any commensts will be greatly apreciated.

also, which is better, Angeles or mi doctor?.

Ready2LiveFree
on 2/11/15 11:04 am, edited 2/11/15 11:04 am

Hello,

I am also thinking about going with Dr. Kelly.  However the phone call I got from Heath today who, Dr. Ramos Kelly's patient coordinator was a bit disturbing.  Mi Doctor, I have heard is clean but a bit outdated, but the price difference is significant. $4700 all inclusive package.  Angeles Hospital is very state of the art, better than US hospitals and was $5900.  Now to me, that wasn't bad, I was going to definitely go with Angeles.  However Heath mentioned that the hospital wants to increase their price to Dr. Kelly to now be from $5900 to $7500 for Angeles Hospital.  So, now I am rethinking a bit about what I should do.  Keep me posted on what you find out.  I am thinking about going in late March,early April to get this done.  

-Ashley

shelbel95
on 2/12/15 7:58 am - Port Orchard, WA

Ashley,

I'm scheduled with Dr Kelly for May 1st at Angeles.  Dr Kelly is the best. If your considering using him you should add your self to his FB page it's very helpful and supportive.  There are lots of his patients who have had the surgery already on there.  The price increase has nothing to do with Dr Kelly he is getting the same fee he was before, it's the hospital that is charging more.  He has even eaten costs do to the hospitals sudden increase.  He is still fighting this increase with the board at the hospital on his clients behalf.  He really is a great surgeon.  Don't let the increase sway you from using him. 

Shelly

jorgerz
on 2/14/15 1:39 am, edited 2/14/15 1:40 am

Hey Guys,

I spoke to Heath and He said Dr. Kelly's team is working on getting new options to keep the surgery price the same.

now, knowing this is medical tourism i'm incline to opt for a cheaper hotel in stead of a hilton suite since I'm self paid, but still want the best surgean and I'm convinced He's the right choice since no other Dr. cares about me not having to pay more than it's fair.

I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

BR

JZ

Ready2LiveFree
on 2/14/15 2:43 am, edited 2/14/15 2:45 am

Hey, did you get a chance to speak to Dr. Kelly?

ive asked Heath on multiple occasions to speak to him to really make my decision but I still haven't spoke to him and will not go forward with him until I talk to him directly. 

I was able to lock in the original rate at Angeles with Dr. Corvala and I can be at the hospital for all 4 days and not go to a hotel, which I definitely want to do. I personally would like to be at a hospital the whole time.

but I really would have liked Dr. kelly ::shrugs::

shelbel95
on 2/15/15 1:39 am - Port Orchard, WA

I'm also more concerned with the surgeon then the facility.  As long as it's clean and a hospital not a clinic. 

shelbel95
on 2/14/15 11:51 am, edited 2/14/15 12:12 pm - Port Orchard, WA

I just messaged with Heath...Dr. Kelly is looking into Hosptial Del Prado.  Looks to be older then Angeles but still nicer than MI.  Waiting to hear back in price difference 😉 If it significant I'm considering there instead of Angeles.  Who is now charging $7,400 and not giving a fare exchange rate so $12 to peso instead of $14 which is an extra $300 on top of the $7,400:( I'll keep you posted.

Del Prado will be $5,900 but waiting to hear some reviews.

shelly

Ready2LiveFree
on 2/14/15 11:37 pm, edited 2/14/15 11:42 pm

Thanks please keep us posted. I went directly to the Angeles hospital and was able to get the  $6500 rate. Before the price increase. I had to submit a 10% deposit but they have a refund policy. Also the package includes 4 nights in Angeles with 24/7 support so I am glad I webt through the hospital. I prefer to stay at Angeles to have a piece of mind and my doctor has similiar credentials as dr. Kelly. And because I still haven't spoken to dr kelly directly after asking for over a month. I'm glad I made the decision.  Good luck to you all!

coop1977
on 2/12/15 10:25 am - Canada

You won't regret using Dr.Kelly!  Hands down the best surgeon ... His bedside manner is awesome!

i went to Angeles .... Nicer than any hospital I have seen here in Canada

Angeles is new and a hospital ..Mi Doctor is a medical center ... Not a hospital

Janet

I had the best recovery ... No regrets!  

[email protected] 

Feel free to email me with any questions .... I am 4 weeks post op!

Dr. Ramos Kelly .... Jan.13, 2015

justmom
on 2/15/15 11:11 pm - Mesa, AZ

Hi all - I am justmom also coop1977's  Mom -- I accompanied Janet to Hospital Angeles and totally back everything she says.  I myself have never met a more genuine, meticulous, warm person than Dr. Kelly - his attention to "every" detail was amazing.  He even came to see "me" minutes after Janet's surgery and described the process in great detail - just to make sure I didn't worry.  At no time did I feel concern because of his calming presence.  Hospital Angeles is amazing - our hospitals in Canada are clean and great, but I'd have to say Angeles is the best.  It's a private hospital and Janet and I kept referring to it as the hotel - it was that great.  But, the most important decision you will make is choosing Dr. Kelly as your surgeon.  He even said "keep in touch, we are family now"  Linda

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views