(Long) Back home! My experience with Dr. Lopez at Vida w/ pix!

Y D.
on 2/9/15 1:09 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

What!! 9pm... that's out of control. And yeah- single incision, I know that's very important to you and only Dr. Lopez does it as far as MBC goes! It'll work out- will be nice when this is all finally behind you and you're on the loser's bench officially!! what's your date again? I know its this month- exciting!!

me, I'm good! almost 19 lbs down :D incisions are doing well as far as healing, they're not pretty but I'm hoping that will change with time. I got into some size 16s I haven't worn in months and put on a medium top and had lunch with a gf I hadn't seen  in a while- she couldn't stop commenting on how great I looked! as soon as I got in the car I had to unbutton those things though- they fit perfectly but sitting down they put way too much pressure on my incision. but that was pretty cool :)

just working on my nutrition now and making sure I'm hitting all my goals. its hard work! but I'm definitely seeing the difference.

Memelee504
on 2/9/15 1:27 am - New Orleans, LA
with

I will be in San Diego on Saturday 2/14 hanging out for 2 days with the hubby, than my surgery will be on Monday 2/16. Have you started on soft foods yet? And stop showing off wearing all if your sexy jeans..lol it's great to hear things has went perfectly for you.. When are you going to post some pictures? 

Y D.
on 2/9/15 1:32 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

oh shoot, I was going to say we should have lunch (broth and water?? hehe) but i'll be in Arizona this weekend! bummer.

yup, started on soft foods, all good. my favorites so far are these chicken mushroom meatballs I make, and have with ricotta and pasta sauce. but so far everythings been good to me- except protein shakes lol. so I'm happy I can have more real food to make up for the fact that I can't stomach the shakes.

I have before pix (scary) on my profile, and I plan to take some more for my one month post op. My surgery is on the hush hush so I'm not too open with the pix, just in case ;)

so excited for you!!

Memelee504
on 2/9/15 1:39 am - New Orleans, LA
with

Awww man, you will be gone I was going to suggest that we meet as well for broth.. Lol I recall you saying that you live in San Diego.. Well I understand about keeping it on the low, my parents don't even know.. I don't have time to hear other ppl's opinion about what I should do.  And I love protein shakes.. Lol I'm dreading the 5 days on clear liquid which starts on tomorrow for me.. Ugh

Y D.
on 2/9/15 1:56 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Exactly!! I am not trying to hear anybody's opinion. Plus, my weight has yo-yo'd over the years, ppl are used to seeing me going up and down should not be a shock. Hopefully this time the difference is... it says off!! ;D

Ohhh 5 days clear?? I only had to do 2 days. It does suck- but it will fly by with the excitement of being in SD and getting ready for MX! :)

Iskistala
on 2/9/15 1:18 am - Athens, AL
with

I got a strange email from Dr. Lopez over the weekend. I had coordinated through Specialized Bariatrics, and he says that they no longer represent him. I was unsure of if it was a scam email or not. What exactly is going on with them? Does anyone know? I thought that SB was the company that he started with his wife. This makes me worry....

Britt

Memelee504
on 2/9/15 1:34 am - New Orleans, LA
with

It's no scam Britt, Well if you were on FB you would have caught the drama early. Dr. Lopez and his wife has left SB and MBC, and are now coordinating their own services. SB was the company who set up our appointments, obtained our deposits, linked us to a nutritionist, and coordinate our flights and hotel stays. They are now doing it for themselves. Give them a call or respond back to their email.  It's all good! 

Iskistala
on 2/9/15 1:42 am - Athens, AL
with

Well, that makes me feel TONS better! Thank you SO MUCH! 

I am on Facebook, is there a particular page that I am missing out on?

Britt

Memelee504
on 2/9/15 1:48 am - New Orleans, LA
with

Yes go to Mexico Bariatrics Center page if you can get access, it's a locked page you have to be added.  

Iskistala
on 2/9/15 1:53 am - Athens, AL
with

Rock on, thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views