(Long) Back home! My experience with Dr. Lopez at Vida w/ pix!

coop1977
on 1/22/15 1:02 pm - Canada

Loved reading and seeing the pic in your post!  Speedy recovery!

Janet

Dr. Ramos Kelly .... Jan.13, 2015

Y D.
on 1/23/15 10:16 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Thank you! 

froggie48
on 1/22/15 8:08 pm

Congrats! was nice seeing all the pictures you posted. I had dr.Lopez as well and would recommend him and Vida hospital is super!!

Y D.
on 1/23/15 10:19 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Isn't it though?! I sent my hubby pix along the way, he called it "Star Trek hospital", he was so jealous hehe. Dr Lopez was awesome; I especially like that he does 3 leak tests, really helped my peace of mind.

KDalt
on 1/23/15 12:58 am
with

So happy for you! I too am considering using Dr Lopez and Vida. I am a nurse and am most worried about the quality of the hospital and patient outcomes. My spouse plans on traveling with me. He is worried about the safety of Tijuana but I told him that New Orleans is just as dangerous and we visit there yearly. Anything you can offer to put us at ease would be appreciated!!

Memelee504
on 1/23/15 8:45 am - New Orleans, LA
with

@KDalt.. Lol I live in New Orleans and it's not that bad.. you have to be careful ever place you go. 

Y D.
on 1/23/15 10:10 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Thank you! :) the care at Vida is top notch, one thing that really made an impact on me was the staff's warmth, I felt they really cared about me. 

Both the Marriott hotel and Vida hospital are in very safe and clean parts of town :)

the only time I saw any "iffy" areas were on our way back to the border; you drive through a less affluent part of town with lower income businesses, street vendors, etc- but even then- it looked exactly like downtown LA lol, nothing shocking at all.

i travelled all by myself and never once felt unsafe. :) staying in such nice places like the Marriott and Vida really allows you to take your focus off your surroundings and let the experience be all about you and your recovery.

Mona787
on 1/23/15 1:13 am
VSG on 01/26/15

What a great and helpful summary of your experience! I go in on Monday here in NJ and feel better for having seen how detailed your post is. It helping to ease my anxiety! Best of luck on the losers bench.

Y D.
on 1/23/15 10:23 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Thanks Mona, you're going to do great! I was a little discouraged at first because I heard about people practically doing the electric slide after surgery and I felt so -_- haha. But no matter what, just allow yourself to go at your own pace and feel all your feelings. 

So excited for you!! 

KattattaK
on 1/24/15 3:19 am

I'm in San Diego also!  If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask!!! Congrats on your wonderful experience and new journey 😊

-kat

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views