Should I expidite my passport?

aapayne13
on 1/13/15 3:00 am

My surgery is in 7 weeks.  Should I chance it or have my passport expedited?  What were your experiences with Getting your passport??

tstowe
on 1/13/15 4:23 am

My wife and I had surgery in Mexico and expedited ours. They came pretty fast.

TNRose
on 1/13/15 8:09 am - TN

I expedited mine on December 31st and still don't have them.  The typical turn around time is 4 to 6 weeks if you don't expedite the process, so you should be just fine.  I will say my coordinator told me to bring a copy of my birth certificate, drivers license, and receipt for passport application and I will be able to return to the US with no problem.  So that's what I'm doing.  Good luck!

Ladybugsy
on 1/13/15 10:46 am

This makes me so nervous!  I just know I'll be the one they detain if this happens to me...lol.  They will probably want a marriage license to prove the name change on the birth certificate and the driver's license.  Heck, you can't get a driver's license now without that...if you can go from one country to another without it, I would be shocked....I guess...lol.  Proving who we are in the states being more difficult that proving who you are coming into the states just seems wrong doesn't it...lol.

HW 350.  SW 338.  CW 320. 

Month 1, including pre-op: -27 pounds

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views