Recommended Surgeons in Mexico

PiperChapala
on 1/16/15 6:13 am

GabyStP0126, I, too, am considering having the VGS done by Dr. Lopez, but I have only found positive references about his skills as a surgeon.  Can I ask where you found the bad reviews about him?  Did you hear anything about his wife, Dr. Osuna?  She is another possibility.  I am looking at having surgery in mid-February.  

Thanks!

GabyStP0126
on 1/16/15 6:51 am - Edmonton, Canada

I have family friends who both got a bypass by Dr. Lopez and they said dont go through him or his wife. One of them almost died while in Mexico. I understand that sometimes things can happen that are out of the doctors control, but I had a bad feeling about him. My dad also went to Mexico to have the sleeve done by Lopez, but upon meeting the doctor and how he was treated by the organization, he went home without having the procedure done. 

I ended up switching doctors to Dr. Venezuela. I've heard good things about her. :) im scheduled in for April

PiperChapala
on 1/16/15 11:40 am

Thank you so much for getting back to me.  I am Canadian also but live full time in Mexico.  Was the story of one of your friends' botched surgery by any chance broadcast on TV?  My brother told me he has seen a story on the news about a person whose surgery in Guadalajara went bad and she had to have it redone when she returned to Canada.

GabyStP0126
on 1/16/15 1:05 pm - Edmonton, Canada

No hers wasn't on TV. She had her surgery in Tijuana too. And I don't think she had it redone in Canada, I believe what happened is Lopez had to take her back into surgery multiple times to keep fixing things. Then once she got back to Canada she had it all checked out to be sure  

I also heard that WLS in Mexico has such a bad rep because if something soes go wrong the patient ends up in the emergency room back in their home country. So the hospitals see bad cases of people getting WLS in Mexico, but they never see the thousands of people who have a positive experience getting WLS in Mexico  

PiperChapala
on 1/16/15 10:58 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Gaby.  It is good to have all this information to make an informed decision.  

coop1977
on 1/17/15 7:00 am - Canada

I just posted my story .... I highly recommend Dr.Kelly!

Janet

Dr. Ramos Kelly .... Jan.13, 2015

katebee
on 1/19/15 1:20 am

GO with Dr KELLY RAMOS!!! Great doctor and wonderful person. you will  not regret it you will in safe hands. highly recommend him.

anieto1
on 1/20/15 4:17 pm
VSG on 11/04/14

I went to tijuana Nov 4th and so far I have lost 40lbs. I used dr . quinones , he and his staff were excellent. You can inbox me if you want more details. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/15 6:20 am

You should speak with Rhonda Shuter R.N. *****presents San Javier Hospital in Guadalajara , she is a tremendous Medical Faciltator for 3 Boutique state of the art medical hospitals,her contact info is [email protected] or her office # is 705 293-1500

www.sanjavier.com.mx/en

freddie8_8
on 2/25/15 12:12 pm

I am scheduled with Dr. Corvala at Hospital Angeles in Tijuana in June. I like the fact that they will let me stay in a real full scale hospital one night pre op and four nights post op for recovery instead of a hotel room. There are several other good surgeons in Tijuana but most of their standard packages are one or two days in a hospital/clinic and the rest of the time in a hotel. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views