Recommended Surgeons in Mexico

pbartlett584
on 3/30/15 7:56 am

I fourth that!

My experience was amazing at Mexicali Bariatric Center and am willing to answer any questions you may have!

VSG - Drs. Aceves/Campos Oct/2011

Re-sleeve - Drs. Ungston/Beltran/Campos - March/2015

StacysSleevedLife
on 1/13/15 7:08 pm

Hi Gaby,

I went to Tijuana and had mine with Dr. Sergio Quinones, I can tell you why I choose him over others.

1. He only does 3 surgeries a day.

2. He speaks English, I do not speak Spanish.

3. My recovery was in a private hospital not a hotel.

4. He does 4 leak test and I have a copy of my surgery video that I could give my PCP.

5. Apart from the nurses I had a patient lesion there to help me with whatever I need 24 hours a day.

6. Dr. Q is a general surgeon along with being WLS surgeon who also is a surgical proctor for WLS.

These were the things that made me choose Dr. Quinones over all the surgeons 2 years ago.

There are doctors that do only 2 or 3 and then there are those who do 10 to 20 and that would be something that would scare me. The average surgery is 45 min to 1 1/2 hours. Even if a doctor did 10 surgery's that would mean 10 hours of table time now even if they had 2 OR's and the average time to clean an OR is 45 min to an hour. So 5 hour to clean each OR and 10 hour of surgery, would you want to be patient 10? If your looking into Mexico and these 3 doctors I would talk to the coordinators for each. Ask questions about the doctor ask all the question you listed and get the answers from them see how knowledgeable they are, can they answer you questions or are they just making a sale. Ask about the procedure it's self and make sure they can answer all your questions about all the procedures, they should be able to help you make an informative decision. My best suggestion is ask questions, the more information you have the more of an informative decision you can make.

Good luck,

Stacy

Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg 

aapayne13
on 1/14/15 2:43 am

I'm having mine with Dr. Ramos Kelly!  American credentials and an impressive background.  He call's you himself to answer questions.  I can't wait till March!

llLou
on 1/14/15 7:44 am - Halifax NS, Canada

Dr. Kelly is a great choice! Good Luck!

Renlauren2015
on 1/17/15 4:05 am

Hello! I am also having mine with Dr. Ramos Kelly and my date is also in March! March 5th to be exact. How about you? 

aapayne13
on 1/18/15 6:53 am

What hospital?  I should be the 4th or 5th

Renlauren2015
on 1/18/15 7:56 am
Renlauren2015
on 1/18/15 7:58 am

I will be at Angeles hospital, how about you? 

aapayne13
on 1/18/15 8:31 am

Mi Doctors, are you on the Dr Ramos Kelly patients Facebook group?

Renlauren2015
on 1/19/15 7:42 am

Yes. I just recently join. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?