Doctor to choose in Tijuana ?

Gettingslim
on 5/31/15 10:07 pm

Oh these guys went above and beyond! I`ve never received such personal care and attention before, not in the hospital at least. Regarding transportation I had to wait a little bit on my way to Mexico, but wasn`t more than 20 minutes. The driver called me and said he was crossing the border, so I was fine with that. On the way back everything was flawless.

I decided to stay at the hospital, Irene recommended, she was my coordinator. And it was a good decision, I was very nauseous the first night, a lot of vomiting... the first night was the worst, but it got better the day after, and Dr.Luna was with me every day and until late at night. This is why staying at the hospital I think was better, everybody kept  checking on me several times a day.

By now I`ve lost almost 80 lb, and couldn`t be happier. I don`t take any blood pressure meds anymore. I referred a friend of mine to Go Light Bariattrics and Dr.Zavalza, and she was just amazed with their service. Best decision of my life so far :)

If you have any questions let me know. I don`t come here often, but I will share everything I know. Good luck to you in June! You will not regret this!

SharonNTX
on 6/4/15 1:36 pm
On May 31, 2015 at 10:07 PM Pacific Time, Gettingslim wrote:

Oh these guys went above and beyond! I`ve never received such personal care and attention before, not in the hospital at least. Regarding transportation I had to wait a little bit on my way to Mexico, but wasn`t more than 20 minutes. The driver called me and said he was crossing the border, so I was fine with that. On the way back everything was flawless.

I decided to stay at the hospital, Irene recommended, she was my coordinator. And it was a good decision, I was very nauseous the first night, a lot of vomiting... the first night was the worst, but it got better the day after, and Dr.Luna was with me every day and until late at night. This is why staying at the hospital I think was better, everybody kept  checking on me several times a day.

By now I`ve lost almost 80 lb, and couldn`t be happier. I don`t take any blood pressure meds anymore. I referred a friend of mine to Go Light Bariattrics and Dr.Zavalza, and she was just amazed with their service. Best decision of my life so far :)

If you have any questions let me know. I don`t come here often, but I will share everything I know. Good luck to you in June! You will not regret this!

Thank you so much for all the info ! I am feeling really good about my decision and the more positive feedback I hear, the better I feel :) I am also going through Go Light Bariatrics and Irene and will be using the hospital accommodations as well. Its good to hear from someone who has used the same services and that it went really well. I am excited to begin my new life :)  

Gettingslim
on 6/4/15 1:56 pm

I am glad I could help :)

bluetinker31
on 6/11/15 8:39 pm

I am thinking of this doctor. Can you tell me more? Text at 985.772.1267 thanls

Gettingslim
on 6/16/15 12:52 pm

Hi,

I am traveling in Europe these days and prefer not to use my phone much. Do you mind chatting here? I might not respond right away but I do come here once in a while for sure. Regarding Dr.Zavalza I couldn`t have been happier with his team and my overall experience. And what I like the most is that I can reach him practically any time (Facebook is the best way of communication with him or with Dr.Luna). Let me know what your concerns are, I will gladly share my experience. Irene was my coordinator, you can email her at [email protected] she is very good at answering all kinds of questions, I was probably driving her nuts LOL I had a lot of things to clarify before coming to Mexico. My family was super worried for me.

Chery Taylor
on 1/10/15 7:17 pm

Hi Jeff

I was sleeved on 12-8-14 By Dr Illian. I am very happy with the results and how i was treated. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Thanks Chery

WillowBreeze44
on 2/6/15 1:25 am

My husband and I are scheduled for March 9 with Dr. Ariel Ortiz. I have several friends that have gone through him and said it was like going to a spa retreat! He has also done interviews on the today show, Oprah, and local stations. Wishing you good luck!

Robbin
on 2/13/15 8:00 pm - OK

I had the band with dr A. Ortiz in January 2007. It was truly like a spa visit for me. I've  lost 175 pounds. Recently slipped back into old habits and have gained 7 pounds back but back on my "nothing white" motto. 

Stay on the horse, it's a lot easier than climbing back on!

Kfrenzel26
on 2/26/15 3:35 am

Are you having the DS.? I am looking for a DS dr in Mexico 

WillowBreeze44
on 2/26/15 5:57 am

After much research, We are having the Gastric vertical sleeve. Not sure what Drs do the DS in Mexico. Maybe another member can help us with that question :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views