HOW TO FIND A DR?

TKCAN
on 12/23/14 6:12 am

HI, 

I JUST JOINED. I HAVE BEEN READING AND RESEARCHING ABOUT THE DRS IN MEXICO. I WANT TO HAVE THE SLEEVE DONE.

MY PROBLEM IS THERE IS TOO MANY DRS TO CHOOSE FROM. HOW DO YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT ONE? DO THE DRS WORK OUT OF ALL THE HOSPITALS THERE? YOU GET TO PICK YOUR DR BUT DO YOU GET TO PICK THE HOSPITAL? IS THERE A CERTIAN DR OR HOSPITAL THAT I SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM. EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN  OPINION AND I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM. 

THANK YOU

StacysSleevedLife
on 12/23/14 11:26 pm, edited 3/31/16 11:54 pm

My best suggestion is talk with multiple patients that have had surgery with the surgeons you are considering. 

I had my surgery January 12, 2013 in Tijuana Mexico and my entire experience was amazing. There are many great doctors there.

Good luck,

Stacy

Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg 

Y D.
on 12/24/14 1:31 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

There are a lot of choices, that's a good thing- more competition for our business means higher standards :) You'll find lots of reviews and personal experiences in this form.

I chose my Dr. based on the reviews I read here and on other sites, the experience, what was included in the price, and my overall budget.

I'm having my VSG with Dr. Lopez (Specialized Bariatrics) at Vida hospital on January 19 :)

Most of the Drs will have at least two hospitals they work out of, usually at different price points (different amenities, aesthetics), so see what your Dr offers and check out the hospitals and reviews.

I've only heard negative things about a hospital Jerusalem I believe?? I think some scary things happened there, but I'm not even sure its open anymore or who the Dr(s) was.

Good luck and congrats on starting your journey :)

KRS2014
on 12/30/14 3:13 am
with

I felt completely overwhelmed with all the choices at first too. I did tons of online research, asked lots of questions in the Facebook groups and got in touch with a few different doctors. I was first going with A Lighter Me but found the coordinator a little too pushy and we didn't click at all. Then I contacted Dr. A. Lopez at Specialized Bariatrics and just had a good gut feeling about him. I decided to go with him and my best friend and I got sleeved on August 20th, 2014. She has lost almost 90lbs and I've lost 57. I have no regrets and would recommend him to anyone. My experience in Tijuana was great, the nurses were excellent, I was well taken care of. I met tons of other patients and have made some life long friendships there. Just go with your gut and you will make the best decision for YOU! Best of luck! Kim

TKCAN
on 12/30/14 5:36 am

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY, AND CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!

I WAS LOOKING INTO DR. A LOPEZ BECAUSE I WANTED TO HAVE MY SURGERY DONE IN PUERTO VALLARTA. I FOUND OUT IT IS $1400 LESS IF I GO TO TIJUANA. 

ALL THE REVIEWS ON DR.A. LOPEZ SOUND GREAT. HE SOUNDS LIKE HE IS A GOOD CARING DR.

I HAVE READ THAT THE CARE YOU GET IN MEXICO IS GREAT BUT YOU HAVE TO DO A LOT YOURSELF, CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN?

THANKS

KRS2014
on 12/30/14 8:56 am
with

Dr. Lopez was excellent and his staff was awesome too. They took care of us from the moment we landed in San Diego to the time we left 5 days later. We were well taken care of. The nurses were there for us in the hospital and everything went smoothly. We went sightseeing, shopping and to the beach just 2 days after surgery. Please feel free to ask any questions :)

Kathy S.
on 12/30/14 3:34 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi TKCAN,

No matter who you decide to go with, research, research, research.  Here are some of the surgeons in MX. Give the office a call and speak with the Bariatric Coordinator and they can answer any questions you may have.  If you want help with that let us know and we can have them call you.  Email us at [email protected] with the surgeon's office you want to have a call from.

Gilberto Ungson, Bariatric Surgeon Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Gilberto Ungson Bariatric Surgeon Bariatric Surgeon. Write Review ... I only had 2 REAL options for DS in Mexico in my mind, Dr. Aceves and Dr. Ungson.
David Beltran, Bariatric Surgeon Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Beltran, along with all the other wonderful staff at the bariatric center (Dr. Campos, ... Dr. Beltran explained the procedure step by step and each of the More. 

Guillermo Alvarez, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Guillermo Alvarez is a highly skilled Mexico bariatric surgery practitioner who specializes in numerous forms of laparoscopic bariatric surgery, including ... 

Armando Joya, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Armando Joya is a world renowned expert on Lapband, Bypass surgery, and pioneer surgeon of the Gastric Sleeve surgery. No other doctor in Mexico has ... 

Jaime Ricardo Ramos Kelly, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Ramos Kelly is a respected, experienced bariatric and metabolic surgeon who has been featured internationally. He was born in West Branch, Michigan and ...   

If you need anything else, let us know

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Chery Taylor
on 1/10/15 8:20 pm

Hi, I was sleeved on 12-8-14 by Dr Illian and his Team. Most of his patients are on our facebook support group. teamIllian. Please go join that. It is an amazing support group. I completely understand where you are at. i was so scared and nervous. Its so overwhelming. Also please contact me with any questions you have. Oh the hospital i would 100% stay away from is Hospital Jerusalem. they are not a Hospital they are in a strip mall. I have my opinions from the research I've done. Of course i feel the Dr i used was amazing for so many different reasons. take Care Chery

Chery Taylor
on 1/10/15 8:23 pm

I already posted but i forgot to give you Dr Illians contact info its [email protected] 

Thanks Chery

TKCAN
on 1/11/15 1:23 am

thanks for the info, I will check into it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views