Hospital MI Doctor

katebee
on 12/17/14 9:52 pm

hello,

I am about to go down to Tijuana for a vsg and I am really hesitant in choosing the hospital. I would like to choose Hospital MI Doctor because of the significant difference in price. so please any reviews or any replies that would help me make my decision will be appreciated. how is the cleanliness? how is the staff? and the equipment? any one had complications going there?

Y D.
on 12/18/14 12:19 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Using the search function you'll find lots of threads about that hospital: http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=hospital+mi+doctor&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof=FORID%3A9

From what I've heard in the past, people have had positive experiences, but its just a little outdated. Doesn't seem to affect their overall experience or the surgery though.

I was assuming I'd go to that hospital too for my surgery next month, but I got upgraded to Vida because it was all booked up.

katebee
on 12/18/14 12:32 am

Thank you and  good luck to you!!

Y D.
on 12/18/14 12:39 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Thanks, you too!! :)

froggie48
on 12/18/14 1:31 am

Always remember you pay for what you get.I was at Vida for a sleeve dec 2 and we went to drop off a patient to mi doctor and i was glad i chose vida(just looks older)

zsflower
on 12/19/14 4:47 am - Elk Grove, CA

Hospital Mi Doctor is only 5 years old.  It's one of the newest hospitals in Tijuana.

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

froggie48
on 12/19/14 5:16 am

Wow certainly doesnt look it inside and out

KRS2014
on 12/23/14 10:06 pm
with

I had my surgery at Mi Doctor in August this year and had a great experience. Everything was clean and sanitary. Most of the staff was excellent and spoke some English. There was only one crabby nurse but I think she came off that way because her English skills were very poor. The equipment was fine as far as I know. I didn't really spend any time looking at the equipment but the leak test area was great. I had a hernia repair at the same time as my sleeve and had no complications whatsoever. I met a lot of awesome people during my stay there and would recommend it to anyone. Best of luck in your decision. Just do what I did and go with your gut instincts :)

katebee
on 12/23/14 10:46 pm

Thank you Very Much!!!

StacysSleevedLife
on 12/23/14 11:38 pm

I have had two surgeries in Tijuana. The first was with Dr. Sergio Quinones who performed my VSG on 1/12/2013. Dr. Quinones performs all his surgeries at a private hospital which was great. The rooms are private with their own bathrooms. Dr. Quinones has his own patient liaisons who speak perfect English. I never had any issues with a language barrier.

My second surgery was 9/1/2014 with Dr. Milla. Dr. Milla performed my first round of plastic surgery. Dr. Mill also uses a private hospital. I am very happy with Dr. Milla and I recommend him as a plastic surgeon but he doesn't have nurses who speak English. I did have some trouble communicating with the night nurse.

Good luck,

Stacy  

Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views