Juarez/Belite Jan 14

SoSmilie
on 12/7/14 1:20 am - South Bend, IN

I'm scheduled for surgery on Jan 14th in Juarez MX with Dr. Rodriguez.  The only part I'm worried about is the travel advisory in Juarez.  It's a very dangerous place right now and I'm concerned about getting kidnapped by the drug cartel.  Although fat people are harder to kidnap, so...   Seriously, anyone going to be in the area that week?  

hollykim
on 12/7/14 5:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

there Re always advisories for MX. There have been advisories every time I have gone. 

Trust me,the drug cartels are not interested in you unless you are doing something with drugs. As long as you stay where you are supposed to be,with your driver and aren't roaming around at midnight,you should be perfectly safe. 

SoSmilie
on 12/7/14 6:58 am - South Bend, IN

Dang, that ruins my plans to go sight-seeing at night.  Not!  Thanks for the reassurance!

karlykay
on 12/26/14 12:34 pm

I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Rodriguez on Jan. 21 in TJ and I've had the same fears! Let us know how it goes!

SoSmilie
on 1/18/15 2:13 pm - South Bend, IN

Had surgery Tuesday and doing very well!  No pain or complications!  Felt completely safe the whole time in MX and no problem crossing the border.  Dr. Rodriguez is extremely capable and I felt very well taken care of by the whole team and medical staff.  Only problem was that the surgical tape used to cover my drain incision pulled my skin off and they had to keep re-taping over it.  So I have a patch of raw skin but that's it!  Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views