Anyone having VSG on Jan 3rd with Dr Kelly-Tijuana?

MichSt8
on 1/4/15 11:35 am

Thanks! Best of luck with your liquid diet this week :/ I went online and read stories about people's livers snapping in half and it gave me all the motivation I needed to stick to the plan! Thank God for Peach Crystal Light :) I am also grateful for all my maturnity clothes hidden deep in my closet, they will be perfect for post-op. Well... here we go!

MichSt8
on 1/8/15 4:19 am

Janer, 

We are at the airport waiting to fly home, so I thought I would tell you all the things I didn't know going into this! First of all, Dr. Kelly and his team are wonderful. If it isn't too late, I would recommend flying in a day early and doing the surgery the next morning. Traveling all day and then having surgery was not ideal, of course it didn't help that I had pain in my side the whole time, which Dr. Kelly discovered was a UTI! He treated it with antibiotics and everything went on as planned.  

I was kept in recovery for about 2.5 hours, which really worried my mom, but apparently that is normal. Be prepared to be nauseous for a few days! I was really nauseated for 2 days after and then today has been much better!! 

I recommend mend downloading the google translation app, the doctors speak English fairly well but the nurses and CNA's aren't such fluent speakers. There is a lady at the hospital who you can call to translate if you need her. 

The room has a DVD player (at Angeles), so you can pack a few dvd's if you want to. I think that is all for now. Good luck!! 

MichSt8

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views