2 years out---Progress Pictures!!! Thank you Dr. Quinones!!!

zmdh39
on 11/10/14 7:22 am

It is hard for me to even put into words how amazing this journey has been for me. I wasn't always overweight, for a large portion of my life I was extremely fit, toned, and athletic. This was me from the time I was in 6th grade through my senior year of high school, at the end of my graduating year I weighed 140 lbs.

My freshman year of college my dad had been battling health issues that put him out of work, so in addition to taking 19 credit hours a semester, I also worked 2 jobs...one that the college that I attended, and another as a Bartender/Waitress to help pay the bills back home.   In just a few months of my freshman year of college, I went from weighing 140 lbs to 210 lbs...it amazed me, how quick I had put on that much weight.   When I was a sophomore in college, my dad was finally approved for his disability, so I was able to cut back on my work hour and focus more on trying to lose the weight. So I join the ROTC program at my college with the intentions of commissioning to the Army. Despite the daily PT sessions, the 5 mile ruck sack runs, and going through the ROTC bootcamp at Fort Knox, the lowest weight I was ever able to achieve was 160 lbs.   After boot camp, I was informed that I would not be allowed to commission, due to a prior injury that I had received, so knowing that  joining the Army was no longer an option, I dropped ROTC, and took on extra work shifts because my family was still struggling back home. For the next few years my weight yo-yoed, right up until I got pregnant with my son in 2010. After having him I hit my highest weight ever 235 lbs...I was so ashamed of my weight that refused to take photos, I have no pregnancy photos because of this, and very few pictures with me and my son from the time he was born right up until I had surgery in 2012, this was me at my highest weight.   As of October 5th of this year I have been officially 2 years out from my wls, and this is me now!    

Click on the link below to see view my image gallery, all of the pictures are marked so you know when they were taken. Click on the photo of me in the purple football jersey, it is the youngest one of me:

The evolution of my weight gain and loss

I am SO thankful to Dr. Quinones and his team for giving me my life back. For those of you out there that are in need of some inspiration, I hope this helps. Trust me, if I can lose weight, pretty much anyone can!

Y D.
on 12/5/14 2:43 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

I loved your pix, so inspiring, thank you for sharing! You look amazing, your skin in particular firmed up beautifully!

Hope I will be as successful as you dear!

zmdh39
on 12/8/14 1:36 pm

Thank you, you should see the pictures in the video I made for my song about my wls...I found more of my fat pictures, and it has more updated now pictures, check it...its a neat video to watch...http://youtu.be/-uJyHgSgo6M

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views