Just starting this process

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/14 3:14 am - Abilene, TX

I am just now starting the process of looking for a physician in Mexico to do a gastric sleeve. I need suggestions, I sent an email to Mexico Bariatric Center and didnt really get any of the answers that I was looking for. I found a doctor on their website ( Dr Valenzuela) that had good reviews but I havent really found any information about her in these forums. But I am now considering Dr Alejandro Lopez. I am not understanding something, do these doctors go through several different websites/agencies?

Leigh Anne Pereira
on 10/21/14 2:11 am - Marietta, GA
VSG on 07/02/15

I am getting scheduled for March with Dr. Ortiz with A Lighter Me. Affordable and good reviews! I am getting the sleeve as well.

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

RadiantGal
on 10/23/14 12:08 pm

Hi,

There is info out there, I'm sorry you did get answers right away.  Yes, Doctors are connected with certain organizations.  I am currently in Tijuana recovering from sleeve surgery with Dr Fernando Garcia.  To get surgery with him, you go through "Ready4aChange.com" located here in the states.  That would be a good place to start, as their site is loaded with lots of helpful information.  If you request help, they get back to you right away to answe all your questions.  They are well rated by the BBB, and claim to be the oldest company offering Bariactric surgery in Tijuana ( if I remember my facts right ). 

BariatricPal.com is a good blog site, although you can get bogged down with TMI.  I went to " forums" and at the bottom is the one for Mexico, and I get good info there about my specific interests.

I hope this helpful and I aplaud you as you start your new journey.😎

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views