Sleeve surgery Oct 22 in Tijuana, who will be there too?

RadiantGal
on 10/5/14 1:52 am

Hi,

All set for surgery October 22 with Dr. Fernando Garcia.  I am looking for others who will there around that same time.   I am excited and not nervous at all.   I work at a hospital and 4 of my coworkers have had the sleeve done in Tijuana with the same surgeon.  All have had excellent experiences and results.  No complications, with raves about the nurses, doctors, Marriott stay, the drivers, etc.  I hope to see you there!

RadiantGal

Ingrid007
on 10/5/14 11:40 am - Miami, FL

Hi! Please keep me posted on your experience with dr Garcia. He is one of my doctors on my narrowed down list. I would like to know the good and bad, thank you!!

RadiantGal
on 10/6/14 1:19 am

Hi Ingrid007,

Thank you for your reply, and I will certainly keep you posted on my experience with Dr. Garcia....... the good, the bad, and the ugly!  From what I have read, it seems there are several excellent surgeons and facilities to pick from.  Dr. Garcia works with a group of coordinators in the States called Ready4aChange.com, if you did not know that already.  Dr. Garcia's site is TijuanaBariatricCenter.com.   

I hpoe this helpful, and I look forward to hearing from you again.

RadiantGal 👸

RadiantGal
on 10/22/14 2:34 am

Hi Ingrid,

Well, I am here at Hospital Florence, waiting for surgery.  The Marriott is very nice and everyone is kind and friendly.  They are a warm and hospitable people.  Things are organized and move at a nice relaxed pace.  I have had bloodwork, chest xray and vitals taken.  I will be visited by the Doctors, next.  

More later!

Sue😎. weather is awesome!

RadiantGal
on 11/5/14 10:35 am

Hi Ingrid,

I am back home and recovering nicely after surgery. Everything went just as I expected, my surgery was just over an hour, I rested for an hour, then I was up and walking as they had urged. I do suggest people be patient and realize things move more leisurely here. Our flight was quite late, and we did wait an hour for pickup at San Diego airport. This was no one's fault, as the long border wait made the   pickup driver late also. 

The hospital room was not fancy but had all the essentials, no extras. We were comfortable and slept like babies. I was the 2nd of 2 surgeries that Dr. Garcia had that day. The first patient had a lot of scar tissue from prior surgeries and was in surgery a long time, so my surgery was delayed over 4 hours. It was a bummer to have to wait, but I also appreciated that Dr. Garcia took whatever time was needed for this patient to have a successful surgery. 

I had absolutely NO nausea and not much pain. I have read several posts about nausea and when I mentioned this, the nurse smiled and said " it is because of the medicine schedule ".  So they address the nausea and pain BEFORE they happen and they have this down perfectly.  After walking a lot, 2 leak tests and a couple of showers later, I was released to go back to the Marriott.  We had requested a fridge AND a microwave and these were provided at no charge.  These were lifesavers for keeping popsickles frozen and heating broth and my husband's leftovers. The Marriott was awesome, excellent comfortable room and service.  One nice surprise:  I expected to return to the the hospital for some kind of follow up, but they have skipped this step and instead have one of your primary nurses come to your room at the Marriott.  She looks at your incisions, cleans them, takes out the staples ( painless!!) puts Steri strips on them and gives some more post-op instructions.  

So I hope this has been helpful. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I have cut my blood pressure medicine in half, as my numbers are now 107/75 since I have come home. I have lost a total of 15 lbs since leaving for Tijuana and I am doing great with the progressive diet. I am enjoying broths and my whey protein powder, supplemented with a little yogurt, strained soups and sugar free puddings. Next I am going to try half a scrammbled egg :) !  

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.  It's been great talking with you, take care,

RadiantGal

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views