Help finding OFFICIAL Mexican certified bariatric surgeons

NurseNat
on 8/21/14 12:31 pm - alexander, AR

I am attempting to find a surgeon in MX who is an actual licensed, certified bariatric surgeon. The site I was using does not list several of the popular surgeons who are performing VSGs at the lower seen rates for less than $5000. I am surprised. Considering how popular and the seemingly large volume of patients *****port using them for WLS from the U.S., yet from the blog postings most of these patients who have received WLS using them report amicably. Can anyone help? Thanks!

NurseNat
on 8/22/14 5:58 am - alexander, AR

Any members know how to verify that specific surgeons are bariatric surgeons?

anieto1
on 8/22/14 3:36 pm
VSG on 11/04/14
On August 21, 2014 at 7:31 PM Pacific Time, NurseNat wrote:

I am attempting to find a surgeon in MX who is an actual licensed, certified bariatric surgeon. The site I was using does not list several of the popular surgeons who are performing VSGs at the lower seen rates for less than $5000. I am surprised. Considering how popular and the seemingly large volume of patients *****port using them for WLS from the U.S., yet from the blog postings most of these patients who have received WLS using them report amicably. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Try this get the license number from the surgeons you intrested in and use the following links. 

For Mexican surgeons the link is:

http://www.cmcgac.org.mx/cgi-bin/DirectorioMedicos

To see if that surgeon is a member of the Mexican College of Bariatric Surgeons use this link:

http://www.cmco.org.mx/?q=contact

To verify that a doctor in Mexico is a licensed physician you need his license number and you enter it on this website and it will tell you who the license belongs to:

http://www.cedulaprofesional.sep.gob.mx:7057/cedula/CntConsultaVisitas

sophi1104
on 9/1/14 5:34 am

Hi, 

I found Dr. Rafael Abril in Mexicali Mexico.  I am almost sure I will have my gastric sleeve done with him.  If anybody else had a procedure done with Dr. Abril, please tell me about your experience. 

beckern727
on 9/2/14 6:33 am - San Diego

Hi!

I had my sleeve done by Dr. Abril in Mexicali in May.  My experience was great.  I would totally recommend the doctor and Hispano Hospital.  The staff at Hispano is friendly and caring.  The facilities were nice, simple but clean.  I am super excited since I have reached another goal.  Yey!!!  When are you thinking about getting your surgery?  I wish I could tell everyone to stop just surviving life and dare to start enjoying life the way it's supposed to be.  Don't be afraid, everything will be ok!  Good luck!

Nicole Becker

Sleeved by Dr. Rafael Abril in Mexicali B.C.

May 2014

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views