Dr. Corvala or Dr Willhelmy? Trying to decide

jeri28
on 8/7/14 7:02 am - Buford, GA

Im trying to decide between these 2 doctors. I had chosen Dr Corvala but it kind of bothers me that he doesn't have any recent reviews on here. Any input would be great!

AlohaAll
on 8/7/14 4:11 pm

I replied to your other message vis a vis Dr. Kelly. He (Dr. Kelly) highly recommended Dr. Corvala. One thing I liked about Dr. Corvala as opposed to some other surgeons I researched is that his price includes 2-3 night in the hospital unlike some Dr.'s who send the patient to a hotel to recover. My husband in particular was a lot more positive about the whole idea once he knew I would be in an actual hospital with 24 hr care available if needed.

angel720
on 8/12/14 3:08 pm
VSG on 08/06/14

I just came back from surgery with Dr Wilhelmy in Mexicali and I can recommend him 100%.  I am back home, feeling great and my experience was incredible.  I had been there with my  mom last year when she got her sleeve with Dr Aceves and  we both agreed that the attention and care we received was just as great.  I was in the hospital for 3 nights in total, I had 3 leak tests, really I got excellent medical care, these was all very important to me.   Having been there before I really  would not have considered going any place else, these are a very professional group of people.   I am down 8 lbs already! 

VSG with  Dr R. Wilhelmy @ Mexicali Bariatric Center

Lizzy67
on 8/13/14 10:10 am
VSG on 09/15/14

Angel I hope you do not mind me sending a private msg, I would like to learn more about your experience with Dr. Wilhlemy. I  am planing on going to him and have some questions. 

angel720
on 8/18/14 12:10 pm
VSG on 08/06/14

Not at all! I just responded to your questions, I also sent you my phone # and email please call anytime. 

VSG with  Dr R. Wilhelmy @ Mexicali Bariatric Center

freddie8_8
on 2/14/15 11:07 pm

I am signed up with Dr. Corvala at hospital angeles for june 23.   I'm also considering Dr. Nicolson and Dr Kim in Dallas.  I'm not getting support from my spouse about having the surgery in Mexico.  I'm in the process of trying to determine if Dr. Corvala's VSG technique is similar to Dr. Kim's inverted gastriac sleeve technique where there are three lines of staples, a suture over the staples, then inverting the suture/staple line into the stomach and then suturing again.  Apparenly that significantly reduces the chances of leaks and expansion down the road.   Hospital Angeles case coordinator is saying that only three days in the hospital is generally needed. they advertise 5 days hospital stay on their website and that is what I am insisting on as I would be there alone with no other help and I'm not sure much help I will get from local doctors in my area if they find out I had my surgery in mexico.  I would appreciate any posts from anyone that has recently had vsg surgery with dr. corvala on how your experience went.  He is the only Doctor in Mexico that I would consider for gastriac sleeve VSG surgery.  Otherwise I"m leaning towards Dr. Nicholson or Dr. kim in dallas as they have travel programs, are well respected, and the prices for the procedure in Dallas and texas in general are considerable cost than where i am from.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views