Obesity Control Center - Dr. Ortiz

dolce_ozeanica
on 7/22/14 10:46 pm

I will like to know if anybody has the experience with this place and Dr. and of course how did everything go and how much everything did come up to for the Vertical Sleeve? Thanks tons! 

roseygirl
on 8/20/14 11:27 am

They are hush hish about their pricing. I had a band in there in 2007 and found the care to be pretty good. I am considering going back for a sleeve

dolce_ozeanica
on 8/20/14 9:02 pm

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback. When you said "hush-hish" about pricing, do you mean they are secretive about it or informal as if they charge differently to all patients? I'm wondering since I am considering getting the procedure done next summer. And I need to know how far in advance I should book this service and if they charge before me getting it done, in the process or afterwards. Thanks for your help. 

rrne88
on 8/25/14 2:29 pm

I have been doing some research and I also came upon Dr. Ortiz.  I just submitted info to his office today.  Does anybody have any experience with him.  I was told $4,600 for the vertical sleeve.

Dianne C.
on 9/17/14 3:09 am - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

My fee at OCC with Dr. Ariel Ortiz in Feb 2012 was almost $7000. I'd be very interested to know if their rate has gone down a lot as my husband is sort of considering weight loss surgery. I had an excellent experience there and have had absolutely no issues since my surgery. I'd recommend Dr. Ortiz to anyone.

You can book as little as a month in advance. I had to pay a deposit ($500) and take a certified check for the remainder with me when I went for surgery. (I had to e-mail them a copy of the check ahead of time.) I found that quite reassuring as I was not required to hand over my money until I was actually there.

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

jessicaashley1983
on 3/5/15 1:56 pm

I spoke with his facility this week and was told $500 deposit and $4600 for the sleeve gastrectomy this includes everything except food and drink for my aunt who is coming to help me. They sent me some information and I had some questions which I emailed in and they got back to me super fast.

dolce_ozeanica
on 3/5/15 8:30 pm, edited 3/5/15 8:30 pm

Awww thank you! I haven't taken the step, so I am hoping for next year I can begin the journey. However, my doctor just recommended the band, which I am still skeptical about. I'm gonna check them out and see if he has any info on the band as well. Good luck on your journey! My very best to you! 

jessicaashley1983
on 3/6/15 1:24 am

In my personal experience the band is not idea I have 4 friends that had to have it removed and that was the cost of another surgery plus now they are having weight gain issues again. Research it and you will find more than 50% of patients have to have a second surgery for removal or revision. Mayo clinic no longer endorses the surgery at all and many doctors won't perform the surgery anymore. I think its a definite way to get repeat customers. Plus if you move it will be nearly impossible for you to get another doctor to do fills or anything for you. My original desire was to get the Band but after many stories and stats I decided not to. Sleeve plication is reversible and considered less invasive but the weight loss results are similar to the band about 50% of the excess weight is lost on average. There is so much information and it is a really hard decision that only you can make. I took more than 2 years to decide and now I am fully convinced that I am making the right choice for myself I am scheduling my date this week! I hope it is a little helpful not just unwanted advice.

julivon
on 8/13/15 12:26 am

I am considering Dr Ariel Ortiz (Obesity Control Center) at Tijuana, MX.

I saw you message the other night about their pricing. I got a quota for Sleeves $6500 + $500 deposit Last year.

1. Could you please check to see if the doctor that gave you the quota for sleeve surgery $4600 + $500 deposit is the same doctor that I am looking for since there are two Dr Ortiz in MX doing the weight loss surgery,  Jesus Elias Ortiz is the other one.

2. If you have already gone for the surgery, could you please kindly tell me about your experience there? I am considering going there alone and I am kind of concern about so many things. and I am from Ocean side (California).

Thanks.

jessicaashley1983
on 8/18/15 4:55 am

I went to MX through Alighterme.com My surgery was done by Dr. Curiel on 4-28 my cost was 4200. I had no complications and everyone was awesome. I've even chatted with my Dr here and there on FB since my surgery. Any concerns or questions have been immediately taken care of by phone and email. I have been happy with the experience. Dr. Elias Ortiz is there surgeon also and he has a great working history as well. My aunt is going in two weeks to have the vsg done and I will be her companion. I would recommend them to anyone 100%

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views