Support?

NicAnn89
on 7/18/14 6:21 am

Did anyone have the problem that I am having now with support from family and friends about wls? Maybe its just me. my friend jen knows the whole story and just wanted to make sure someone was going with me so that I wasn't alone. My BFF told me to watch what I ate and work out more, that I would be okay. I know that wls is a big decision to make but you would think after she has watched me struggle for almost 10 years to keep it under control that she would be supportive and ask me questions not just tell me ill be okay just need to exercise more. sigh.. I guess this is just a rant. I am just at the point that I am fed-up being fat. Having to wear a bigger size because I cant fit into anything or having to cover up so no one sees my rolls and how big I actually am.  But enough of my pity party...

I have been reaching Dr. Ramos-Kelly and Dr. Ortiz. Both are highly recommended and I have spoken to someone with Dr. Kelly. Any advice on how your surgery went or if you are going to get it how you made your choice?

Sammy D.
on 7/18/14 7:59 am - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

Completely know where you are coming from. Experiencing the same myself. It's actually pretty normal for those closest to you to be skeptical and unsupportive at first. This is mainly because of concerns as we all know WLS is risky, but not as risky as it was years ago as technology has advanced. Everyone has heard the horror stories of patients not making it through surgery, or those who lost the weight but gained it back, and of course the Mexico factor comes into play too. That should fade over time especially if they know your mind is set. They will definitely no longer be skeptics when you lose the weight and feel like a whole new person. I don't know your situation, but as for me I was told the same about diet and working out. If I wasn't in so much pain daily, I would love to work out, but that is what hinders me from losing weight the old fashioned way.

As for the surgery, I'm not scheduled yet, but I have chose to have VSG with Dr. Jose Rodriguez Villarreal at Star Medica in Juarez MX. Be sure to research carefully and take your time to decide who you want to choose. I chose this doctor because of the reviews I have seen, and watching him actually perform the surgery on youtube. He is super gentle and knows his stuff. If you want to learn more about him, check out Beliteweight.

NicAnn89
on 7/18/14 10:27 am

Thank you :) I hope she comes around but since I'm not doing it for her just me I need to realize that my health is important. I am doing loads of research o make sure i do make the correct choice. I have spoken with Dr. Ramos Kelly coordinator and to beliteweight today. Just want to speak to those that I can.

I hope your surgery goes well :) 

llLou
on 7/18/14 1:04 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

I had my VSG done by Dr. Kelly. He is a great surgeon and has a fantastic team. I went directly through his office not a company. I had an excellent experience. If you need to Dr. Kelly will talk to you by phone prior to your decision. He speaks perfect English and was born in the US. Message me with any questions. Good Luck!  Linda

NicAnn89
on 7/19/14 2:52 am, edited 7/19/14 2:52 am

Ms. Linda

I think I will send you a message if you don't mind I would love to know about your experience and ask some questions. I just missed Dr. Kelly's call this morning and he said he would try back. I have been talking to heath townson who has the surgery with him. But I do look forward to talking to him and seeing if I can get cleared off of work. 

llLou
on 7/19/14 3:11 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I just messaged you.  Linda

Lizzy67
on 8/13/14 10:16 am
VSG on 09/15/14

I do not think Dr. kelly is on the same experience level as Dr Ortiz. I am not going to either but from my years of experience I am just sharing my opinion. I hope your surgery goes well whoever you decide to use. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views