Care once you are back home...

cmc1136
on 7/19/14 12:54 am

Weighing the pros and cons of paying for a VSG at A Lighter Me in Mexico.  I have researched quite a bit and am comfortable with having the procedure done there but my family is hesitant regarding aftercare.  I was just wondering if anyone had experience once they returned with aftercare?  I have a PCP but I haven't been seeing her for very long and she is not experienced with bariatric patients, thanks!

hollykim
on 7/19/14 6:57 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

even if your Pcp is not experienced with bariatric patients,and honestly,most pcps are not, as long as she can cover you if you should need antibiotics or help with your sutures and things like that ,you will be good to go. 

LEOKAT
on 9/17/14 4:41 am

Hi I am almost 4 weeks post op, and talked to two of my friends here that both had the VSG and there really isn't much follow up at all.  I have'nt seen my PCP yet I have my yearly in a few weeks and then will let her know.  A lighter me gives you a packet one you leave with the leak test cd and information of your surgery.  I checked this same thing out before I went to make sure what was covered on ins. once I got back.  Really is a great experience and A lighter me has been great!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views