Dr. Fernando Garcia

Smb0187
on 7/13/14 12:51 pm

I'm thinking about getting my sleeve done by him since it's through the same group as where my mom got her RNY and then I won't have to fly into Mexico. 

Has anyone in here used him? Is Tijuana as bad as people make it out to be? 

Smb0187
on 7/13/14 12:51 pm

I'm thinking about getting my sleeve done by him since it's through the same group as where my mom got her RNY and then I won't have to fly into Mexico. 

Has anyone in here used him? Is Tijuana as bad as people make it out to be? 

hollykim
on 7/14/14 4:43 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

no,Tijuana is not as bad as you hear,if you stay where you are supposed to and don't go looking for drugs and such. Those are the ppl who get in trouble,usually.

i have had two surgeries there and dental implants on two separate trips and we felt perfectly safe and had absolutely no trouble.Gl

Smb0187
on 7/14/14 9:19 pm

Thank you! We definitely won't be going to look for drugs lol. So we should be good.  

Smb0187
on 7/14/14 9:19 pm

Thank you! We definitely won't be going to look for drugs lol. So we should be good.  

LighterZone41
on 7/16/14 10:23 pm - Conroe, TX
VSG on 07/11/14

I went to Tijuana and had Dr. Fernando Garcia perform my sleeve last Friday, I had an amazing trip. Dr. Garcia is very soft spoken, gentle, and caring. Very little bruising, and my incisions look like I could take the bandage off, but I was advised to leave them on and let them fall off by themselves so I'm not going to mess with them. The incision that had the drain is already healed and has no bandage. I'm still taking the pain pills, but only once a day, usually in the morning (I think it's because I toss and turn in my sleep and my stomach gets a workout during the night).  We had Samuel pick us up from the airport and take us back, he was great. If he has any free time he will give you a little tour of San Diego and even let you get out to take pictures. If you stay at the Marriott ask for Raul (taxi driver) he will drive you around the city and take you to the beach and the mall.  Everyone in our group felt so good that we went out as soon as we went back to the hotel.  Of course we were exhausted when we got back, but we turned our trip into a mini vacation. Had a great experience. The Florence hospital is older than you are probably used to, but the nurses are all very attentive. Pain meds and antibiotics come right on schedule, so don't ask for them early. Walk, walk, walk. I didn't have hardly any gas pain until I got into a vehicle and it hit a few bumps, the plane ride was the worst for gas pains.

biggsgirl10
on 7/20/14 11:38 am

Hi! I am having the sleeve done with Dr. Garcia on 7/29 and Im soooooo NERVOUS. I have read a lot of good post about Dr Garcia but its not helping right now. Are there any pointers you can give me to be more prepared? Is everything ok with you now? Anything you can share with me would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank You!!!

lakegal76
on 8/5/14 4:55 am

I had VSG with Dr. Garcia 8/2/12 and I have lost 170 lbs.  I would not change a single thing!!  My experience with him, the nurses, the coordinators, the hotel, just being in Mx....everything literally could not have gone better.  I have referred several to him since and a friend of mine went a few months after me and she said she could not believe everything was exactly as I described and had the same experience.  

The plus side is that NOW for you ladies, he is in a newer hosptial facility.  He was doing surgery at Mi Doctor hospital which was very small (but perfect and spotless) which didnt bother me...but I see now he has moved and has even more state of the art equipment. So, a plus for you guys!

I have no hesitation whatsoever recommending Dr. Garcia or talking about my experience....It changed my life.  I am actually getting ready to schedule plastics in the next few months, its been 2 yrs and I am ready!

Blessings to you all, it will be great!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views