Dr Alejandro Lopez patients.. I have a question for you

RellaBelle
on 7/4/14 1:37 am - Houston, TX
with

Hey all! I'm new here and I have a July 2015 [yes, 2015 *sigh*] VSG date with Dr Lopez in Tijuana. I was wondering for all of his previous patients, regardless of where you had it done, how many of you were told you had a hernia that needed to be repaired? If so, did you already know you had one going in? If you had questions after you left Mexico, how easy/hard was it to get in contact with your coordinator or the Dr?

Thanks in advance everybody!

pjj100
on 7/4/14 7:46 am - FL
with

My surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday July 8th in Tijuana with Dr. Lopez. I don't have acid reflux, heartburn or feel like I have a hernia. I'll let you know what happens.

RellaBelle
on 7/4/14 8:19 am - Houston, TX
with

That would be great if you could do that! Thank you! Not only that but just your overall experience too :)

Dixiemom64
on 7/5/14 2:16 am

Can't speak for myself but my daughter was informed after her surgery that she had a hernia and they fixed it during her sleeve about two months ago in Mobile Alabama. She had more chest discomfort and pain from the hernia repair than she did from the sleeve.

rsmithtaylor
on 7/8/14 1:33 am
VSG on 06/19/14 with

I did have to have a significant Hiatal Hernia repaired, and did not know about it until after surgery was over and Dr. Lopez came and spoke with me. My coordinator was amazing before surgery, but I had actually paid and extra thousand to have my gallbladder removed. In the end, they did not remove my gallbladder, so I should be getting a $500 refund. I have sent several emails to Brenda my coordinator, to no avail. I will try and phone her today. But, keep in mind I am only on my 3rd week post op. So I am not sure how long it will take to get the refund, but my frustration is growing due to the fact I am not getting a response via email from my coordinator when before surgery it was so prompt.

vmauibluemaui
on 8/27/14 9:42 am
with

Hmmm Brenda is my Coordinator now and she never returns my calls either and I have not even had the surgery yet either. I think the Coordinators get paid and there OUT. I have not paid a dime a dime yet and have a surgery date. I am going to have my Doctor in CA see if I have a Hernia I don't need any additional surgery performed on me if I don't need it.

Katnjason08
on 2/18/16 8:36 am

Did you ever get your money back

Prince9er
on 7/9/14 9:42 am, edited 7/9/14 9:42 am

My Bad experience with MBC, Dr. Lopez, Specialized Bariatrics.

First of all it’s all very confusing.  Dr. Lopez and Dr. Osuna claim that with Specialized Bariatrics there is no middle man.  But all phone numbers and everything lead to MBC.  I never wanted to go through MBC because I did my research and I personally didn’t like this company.   After having personal experience with them, I feel even stronger about my opinion!

First of all, I was one of several of us that had to have a hernia repair.  Of all the people that I met in the hospital and the hotel, there were only 2 that didn’t have a hernia repair and were not charged the additional $1000!  We met several people that went with another company/doctor and of all of them, they had 1 person that had a hiatal hernia and was only charged $350!

I feel like I am the victim of bait and switch! They dangled a price of $4200 under my nose, but I ended up having to pay $5200!  They couldn’t keep it straight who I was and if I was a revision or not!  Another lady that was a revision was also charged an extra $1000 for her revision!

I’m just sorry that I didn’t go with the other company.  They had visits from their surgeon at the hotel and they were checked on many times, taken shopping or if they needed anything one of the coordinators went and got it for them.

I further don’t recommend this company because of the complications that they are not honest about telling people!  They recently had yet another death, I found 2 previous but this one was more recent, and they have had several patients have to be taken by ambulance to San Diego!  But you don’t find out about this stuff until after you get there and talk to people that live and work down there.  Of course they would rather that you not associate with people that don’t work for them or even to associate with patients of other doctors.

Stay away from this company!  Maybe there is a reason that 2 of their doctors are no longer working for another company!  I only know that if I was the one making the decisions, I wouldn’t have them working for my company!  This is just my opinion, but I feel that I was taken advantage of!

RellaBelle
on 7/9/14 11:06 pm - Houston, TX
with

Could you tell me what you know about these deaths and emergency ambulance trips to San Diego? These weren't links and stories that you found but from people that are from that area, right?

When did you have your procedure done? I was quoted at $500 for a hernia repair if needed, not $1,000! That's a significant price difference! Not only that, but you mentioning everyone but 2 people in your group having to have the repair and 1 person some another Dr's company only needing the repair.. this was the reason for my post. I was told that an abnormal amount of Dr. Lopez's patient have to have a hernia repair, more than other doctors.

ravay32
on 7/11/14 9:33 am
VSG on 08/18/14 with

I would like to know where you heard about these complications as I have done much research on this company and surgeon and have never found these stories, please let me know. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views