Thinking about mexico for surgery..... any advice?

Womack179
on 6/29/14 10:32 am, edited 6/29/14 11:08 am

I have read many post on here. My insurance will not pay for my surgery and it will cost upwards of 19,000 USD to get the procedure here. I have looked at a lighter me with Dr. Ortiz and Ready for a change with Dr. Garcia. Both are very nice and helpful but I am leaning towards the facility that ready for a change uses. It looks more like a hospital and up to date. Can anyone tell me about their experience with either of these companies? I am lost as to who to chose or what to do. Going to Mexico scares the crap out of me due to the stories you hear about things going very wrong with things their. 

Bearz
on 6/30/14 11:42 pm

Go to a web site beliteweight they r the best. they have surgeons in Mexico and US and Canada they r the best.

Bearz
on 6/30/14 11:44 pm

O yea I for got to tell u.i had my surgery on feb 17th and I am down 87 pounds.  

Womack179
on 7/1/14 12:04 am

Where did you have surgery? 

Bearz
on 7/1/14 12:39 am

I had my surgery in Juarez Mexico just over the border of Texas for me and my husband to fly from North Carolina to Texas and have the surgery and come back for $7000

rsmithtaylor
on 7/2/14 5:48 am
VSG on 06/19/14 with

I had surgery 2 weeks ago in Tijuana Mexico. I went through Specialized Bariatrics and it was wonderful. I just posted my detailed experience.

rrne88
on 8/25/14 2:43 pm

Did you have your surgery with Dr Ortiz? How are you doing? Thinking about going with him.  Would love some input.

Princessamanda
on 7/10/14 8:51 am - OR

Hi!

I was pretty nervous as well. My mother and sister in law went to Dr Ortiz May of 2013 for the Gastric Sleeve, I went in March for the Lower body lift and my brother went along with me and had the Sleeve as well. A driver will pick you up at the air port and take you to the clinic. They will shuttle you back and forth to and from the hotel for your follow up visits. The hotel that you stay in has all the accomodations that you need, so if you are not wanting to wonder around everything is there in the hotel for you. Also, if you do not speak spanish, almost everyone there spoke english very well. Dr Ortiz has been on a couple of tv shows, Oprah, the today show, good morning america. He has a couple of YouTube videos as well that you can watch to get you a little more comfy and let you know the area. Good luck!!

Womack179
on 7/10/14 9:29 am

Thank you! I'm am thinking about aug 20th as my surgery date. So very nervous 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?