Any thoughts about Dr. Aceves of Mexicali

AnnieME
on 6/6/14 5:41 pm

Any thoughts about his work and staff will help. Thanks!

AnnieME

AnnieME

Nancee
on 6/19/14 4:10 pm

I loved the hospital Dr and staff. I wouldnt have gone out of the hospital by myself though, Mexicali was rough looking. I only lost 60 pounds from my vsg and have regained a lot of that now. Both my daughters went to Lopez and Ortiz through a lighter me. I accompanied one of them and even though the hospital wasn't quite as big or modern, everything was great. Me and another lady that accompanied her friend walked around tj during the day and everyone was nice and friendly. They also take the patients shopping. I am considering going there for revision, since all Aceves people would say is they didn't know if I failed the sleeve or the sleeve failed me. I was very disappointed in whatever failed since I had to save so long for surgery. I followed all the instructions faithfully for a year. When I realized I was not going to lose any more, I gave up and started eating like before, which I shouldn't even be able to do. I have hardly any restriction at all. I am a Registered Nurse. Hope this helps in making your decision. 

~Nancee~     
annarohr
on 6/22/14 3:56 am

Hi, I had a sleeve done in 2009, lost about 100 pounds have regained 80.  The sleeve has lost it's restriction, seems though that is common now that the data is starting to come in..  Anyways, I am choosing Dr. Aceves for a DS revision, will pay cash, and I am choosing him over the US doctors based on credentials not price.  By far, I like Dr. Aceves' credentials much more than I do many of our US Doctors who do a DS revision.  That said, if I only need the DS portion and my old sleeve is good, which I doubt considering that I can eat like I did before, it will cost me $9,000 and a full revision including a resleeve and DS will be about $14000.  Well, considering I paid over $16000 cash in 2009 for only a sleeve, this seems reasonable to me.

rziller
on 6/23/14 8:19 am
VSG on 03/08/14

I'm sorry to tell you, but I just saw on the VSG board that Dr. Aceves perished in a plane crash this weekend. I know he was a popular surgeon on these boards, and I'm sorry for your loss.

46 year old female- 5' 6"- Highest weight (11/2013):245; Surgery weight(3/8/2014): 231 Current Weight (5/14/14): 199.4 (PreOp: -5; M1: -18; M2: -8)

pineview01
on 6/24/14 12:42 pm - Davison, MI

He was one of the best Bariatric Surgeon in Mexico and gave a lot of himself to our community and will be sadly missed.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

serenity1959
on 7/4/14 1:39 pm
VSG on 08/05/13

I agree.   He did my sleeve and I received wonderful care from him and his staff.   He was a great human being in addition to being an excellent doctor.

HW 275  SW 266

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views