US doctors that support Mexico bariatric surgeries

Kc092709
on 5/16/14 2:49 pm - Yakima, WA

Is anyone in Washington maybe even near yakima that knows of US doctors that support and work with follow up on bariatric surgeries done in Mexico? I am looking to have the sleeve done in Pouerto Vallarta but the only thing I am concerned about it is speaking to a US doctor and having their support. Any information would help!

nickelnose
on 5/17/14 1:07 pm

I'm in Chehalis Washington and will be having my surgery in Puerto Vallarta in June. I do not have a Dr. here for the fact I have really crappy insurance. If something happens when I get home I guess I will have to go to the ER. I know that may sound stupid to some but, at this point in my life I am willing to do anything. I have 3 friends who had it and have their full support and knowledge. Plus, I have done a ton of research and feel I am well informed about the do's and don'ts. Good luck to you but, don't let finding a Dr. hold you back.

SusanMaurin
on 5/22/14 4:02 pm

I'm also planning to have bariatric surgery in Mexico. Many people I know including my friend have suddenly taken advantage of medical tourism for bariatric surgery and traveled in the same country, Mexico. My friend was facilitated by a trusted medical medical tourism company that heavily markets and advertises in Colorado called PlacidWay. So I would probably get some assistance with them as well, to provide me advice on hospitals regarding their success rates and complications for treatment and whether if they are accredited by an organisations.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views