Bariatric Pal deal: is it real, and is it at a hospital?

de67bbie
on 5/16/14 6:58 am

This is my 3rd message to post, and I hope this one gets a few responses.  So far I have had alot of reviewing, but no one answering.

I received an email about a 3699.00 deal through Bariatric pal.  I did a review check on this site, and a couple others.  Supposedly it is through Dr. Ponce de Leon and his coordinator Trudi at hospital INT.  But when I call the number, it is for Hotel Jerusulm?  forgive the spelling.  I read a.  that is not a hospital, but a clinic.  b.  it is closed due to death of owner c.  dr.  Ponce De leon does not do it that cheap.  

Has anyone used them?  I read good things about Dr. Ponce DeLeon, but cannot get anyone to answer about the prices.

MaryKline08
on 5/19/14 7:51 am

You should look up for Dr. Ramos Kelly, he did mine last year, and I'm really really happy! Faby one of the coordinators still in contact with me, and I'm almost 16 months Post Op her email [email protected] 

Best of luck in your decision! 

LeAnn B.
on 6/24/14 5:54 am - OH

Could I ask what part of Mexico you had your surgery at/price/type of surgery?

kel71
on 5/20/14 4:56 am

I've been talking to Trudi as well. Here is the way I understand it. Hospital Jerusalem is under construction. The hospital you would go to is hospital Vida or Playas. The recovery can be @ orchid recovery house or hotel Pueblo amigo. I have checked out both, both seem very nice. Dr.Ponce does do it that cheap but you add in your hotel & all the other stuff that usually comes with, with all the other docs and you're @ the same price as he usually charges which is approx. 4500.. There are a few people on here that I've chatted with that did go through Trudi & got the 3699 deal with bariatricpal.com. It is legit. Just so many commissioned coordinators out there, they will say or do a lot to get you to go with them. Not all are like that ...but a few. I am going in a few weeks I will let you know how it goes. Hope that helps

Travelmego
on 5/26/14 8:17 am, edited 5/26/14 8:18 am

I am the one over on Bariatricpal who was trying to figure out what the deal is with this deal.  Your version is now like the 4th version I have heard of this special. Personally, I gave up on going with this because I can't make out what is true or not true about it.  Please let me know how it goes. You have courage! 

PS Regarding Hospital Jerusalem - what I heard was it was already a place - with lots of pictures and videos online.  I never heard anything about it being built until just now. 

anieto1
on 5/26/14 8:41 pm
VSG on 11/04/14

hi deb, its real I'm not personally going to use them but its the real deal I talked to them on the phone. The lady Victoria told me that the owner died and that Jerusalem was being rebuilt/remodeled and that surgeries will take place at hospital vida. She texts me and this is the number you can reach her  +1 601-564-3380 hope I helped you . 

Sjmills
on 2/12/16 12:17 pm

Any updates on your surgery?

CandyPants81
on 6/1/14 11:30 am

I finally got Trudi to contact me a couple weeks ago after inquiring three separate times about this deal. After the initial contact, she told me my patient coordinator would contact me within a day. He did not. I emailed her again and she told me that she was away from her desk and would send me an information packet later that afternoon. ONE WEEK LATER I received the information packet. By this point I'd already booked with another doctor, but I read through the packet anyway. Like someone else said, by the time you add in all the extras it costs around the same as any other surgeon. Some extras are $60 for an extra leak test in addition to the ONE they do (seriously. One.), $150 per night to guarantee a private room at the hospital, $100 transportation charge if you're bringing a guest with you, $70 per night for the hotel (I think...). Your guest cannot stay with you at the hospital overnight (this was a deal breaker for me anyway). There's also a charge for your xray copies. 

Besides all the additional fees, it bothered me that there was absolutely no sense of urgency on behalf of the coordinator with regards to getting me information and/or answering questions. I had to inquire multiple times and I had to follow up at least twice to get information. I don't want that kind of service when I'm all the way in Mexico scared out of my mind and/or confused about something. 

But yes...the deal itself is real. 

kel71
on 6/1/14 2:42 pm

Well I am having surgery there June 10th. I will update everyone when I get there. And hopefully have positive things to say & be able to put all the rumors to rest. 

The hospital is Vida  and I'm choosing to stay @ recovery house versus hotel because nurses are around the clock at recovery house. 

I heard hospital Vida is nothing special and is a surgical center more than a hospital. My total for everything will be $4000 but I don't have a guest going. 

CandyPants81
on 6/4/14 2:44 am

Please do. I'm very interested to hear from someone who's experienced it firsthand. You hear so many things from someone who's heard something from someone else who heard from someone else and so on. I simply didn't choose them because it was too difficult to get anyone to get in contact with me. Also I'm bringing my husband and it was imperative on my personal checklist that he is able to stay with me overnight at the surgical center or hospital.

Candy

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views