Question for Dr. Aceves' patients...

Slim Dreams
on 3/27/14 9:08 am

I'm getting surgery in Mexico, probably with Dr. Aceves.  Can anyone tell me where on his site I can find the diet plans and other detailed information?  Nina said it's on there, but I can't find it--just generic info about the surgery.  I've tried calling twice, but no one is answering right now.  I'm sure she'll call me back, but since I'm considering scheduling the surgery for next week, I kind of need to move fast if there's a 7-10 day liquid diet, or anything like that.  

Also, feel free to share any advice if you want, whether here in the thread or by private message, for having surgery in Mexico and/or with Dr. Aceves.  I'm doing lots of research (and have done lots over the years, but not for going to a Mexican surgeon), but I'm always happy to hear advice in case I've missed something.  

Mucho gracias!  

5'4":  Height
282:  Current weight
302:  Highest pregnant weight
297-ish:  Highest non-pregnant weight
126:  Lowest adult weight, in 1990
145:  Goal weight

Been researching WLS since 2006.  Finally ready to take the leap! (Currently researching surgeons.) Planning on the gastric sleeve (VSG).

zmdh39
on 3/28/14 6:55 am

I can't help you much on your questions about Dr. Aceves, but I can offer you some tips about surgery in Mexico. I had my sleeve done with the Santa Fe Medical Group in 2012. Dr. Sergio Quinones was my surgeon, he was AMAZING. I am not sure it would help you any, but SFMG has a pre-op diet that you could check out at santafemedicalgroup . com. As for tips, when you go to MX pack light, no point in paying to check luggage when all you need can fit in a carry on bag easily. Take Gas-x, and walk as soon as you can and as often as you can after surgery...it helps with the gas pains tremendously. Don't convert any of the money you take with you to pesos, Tijuana, takes both pesos and US Dollars. Make sure that the staff is fluent in English, or has a translator if they are not. Keep in mind that Mexico doctors are required to have all the medical files and paper work in Spanish, so if you need a copy of those records to take home with you they will need to be translated, it is probably smart to ask for this before your surgery so they can give you copies before you leave MX. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask, I am an open book about my surgery, and have tons of advice. Best of luck on your surgery!

Slim Dreams
on 3/28/14 1:18 pm

Thank you for the tips, especially about the medical records.  I was wondering about that, because it seem like everyone in their youtube videos just says they get a one-page report to take home.  

I followed up with Nina by email and she sent me the diet info that evening, then later I found the patient guidelines and other info for download on the website--for some strange reason, they put them at the top of the Apply for Surgery page, kind of hidden unless you actually decide to apply right then.  Weird.  But at least I have them now.  ;-)

Been researching WLS since 2006.  Finally ready to take the leap! (Currently researching surgeons.) Planning on the gastric sleeve (VSG).

zmdh39
on 3/29/14 3:03 pm

You are welcome, glad you found the info you needed. Good luck on your surgery!

Slim Dreams
on 3/30/14 5:34 am

Thanks!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views