Dr. Alvarez vs Dr. Ortiz

Cookies-and-Cream
on 3/3/14 12:06 pm

Hi All,

trying to choose between the two but can only find older posts. With all the rave reviews on Dr. Alvarez, people still seem to choose someone else. Is it mainly the price issue ?

deartiara
on 3/4/14 10:48 am - Seattle

Which Ortiz are you referring to? I know their are two. I am going to Dr. Elias Ortiz at Mi Doctor Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico. The reason I decided on him...After much research I found A Lighter Me's website. Which led me to their Facebook page. There I found many of recent stories of people having surgery by Dr. Elias Ortiz at Mi Doctor Hospital (T.J.). I liked that I was able to see recent photo's of the patients and also see their were responses from the doctor. Thanking them and so forth. I will have surgery on March 18. If you keep in touch, I can let you know how my experience turns out.  

sassy0108
on 3/13/14 5:06 am

Hi,

I am also considering Dr. E. Ortiz.  I would love to know about your experience.  Hope it all goes well.

MeganO
on 3/15/14 6:10 am

Dr Alvarez hands down

teachren
on 3/15/14 8:04 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

Good luck making your decision. I would imagine money is a huge factor for most people when deciding to have surgery in Mexico. I had Dr. Alvarez perform my VSG 10 months ago and I couldn't say enough positive things about him and his entire staff.

When I was researching I decided on Alvarez based on the number of sleeves he had completed, watching his Youtube videos on endobariatrics.com and reading through his patient testimonials. Then I contacted them and was pleasantly surprised that he was even nicer to deal with than I had already imagined.

I have heard great things about Ortiz as well. Only you can decide which one feels right for you. Cost wise...Alvarez is around $8700 US...give or take depending on BMI and such. I am not certain what Ortiz charges off hand. I felt like I had complete peace of mind with Alvarez and to me that is worth the extra money.

Whichever you decide...you'll lose the weight if you get your head into the game right from the start. Good luck.

150 pounds gone for now! :-)  Initial goal weight of 170 lbs met on March 7, 2014.  My 44 year old bones survived hiking 4 days overland to a highest point of 4700 metres! Machu Picchu goal...CONQUERED!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views