Dr. Elias Ortiz@ Mi Doctor Hospital

deartiara
on 2/25/14 5:15 pm - Seattle

Has anyone had surgery with Dr. Elias Ortiz at Mi Doctor Hospital? I have a surgery date scheduled and need to know if anyone has had a personal experience with him.

Rknrbn13
on 3/2/14 9:57 pm - Canada

I haven't, but am planning to.  In the last year I have had 4 friends have surgeries at A Lighter Me, and 3 with Dr. Ortiz and all have had nothing but good things to say about him and the staff.

Momii23grlz
on 3/24/14 2:30 pm

I am planning surgery with Dr Oritz hopefully April 22nd! When are you going?

stephaniej713
on 10/11/14 11:34 am

I am having Dr. Ortiz do my sleeve in the end of November. Just curious, did the mi hospital have WiFi? Trying to find a cheap way to call home.

deartiara
on 10/11/14 11:53 am - Seattle

Yes, they do have WiFi. Just ask for the log-in info at checkin. I used Google Hangout while I was at the hotel. I used the hospital phone while I was at the hospital. They have a cordless phone that you can take in your room for a few minutes to check in with family. Keep in mind this is a single phone for everyone to share. 

stephaniej713
on 10/12/14 10:58 am

Thank you for your response. Did you call collect or how did it work?

deartiara
on 10/12/14 11:19 am - Seattle

No, I didn't call collect. Just walk out to the nurses station and ask to use the phone. Most people were walking the hall, and not really talking on the phone much. So I was able to use it whenever I felt the need. There might have been one occasion I wanted to use the phone and someone was on it. But, by the time I woke up they were off and I was given the phone. You are not at the hospital for very long. I stayed a day longer (as I had bypass). So when you get to the hotel, you can google hangout or google chat or skype or whatever you choose. I was determined to have a GREAT experience, so I didn't let the small stuff bother me. For example, the ice pop they give you at the hotel was not the "best", and I probably wouldn't touch it if I were at home. However, during MY trip to have MY surgery, I told myself it was the BEST ice pop the world could offer. I said to myself "wow, if you focus really hard you can actually taste the hint of fruit. oh, this is such a delicate flavor." I know, a bit much. But... it was one of the best experiences of my life. The first day of the rest of my life. AND I have been living every since. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views