Traveling alone

Brandee01
on 2/15/14 12:01 pm

I am heading to Tijuana for surgery March 19 with Dr Lopez and I'm excited but a little nervous too. I'll be traveling alone and was wondering if anyone had any advice? I'm worried about a lot like how to keep up with my stuff while in hospital and how to get prescriptions from a pharmacy. Am I crazy to want this so bad I'll go to Mexico by myself?! o_O

goleftoklahoma
on 2/18/14 4:31 am
VSG on 01/24/14

Nah it's not crazy at all.  You will probably check out of the hotel and bring your stuff with you to the hospital, I doubt it they hold the room for the night you aren't going to be there.  As far as going alone, you will be fine.  My wife went but I didn't really need her to.  Just stay close to the hotel, they take good care of you there.  Prescriptions are likely going to be given to you right from the clinic that you have the surgery at, the meds suck they aren't real narcotics so you won't really need them.  And if you do need/want them and the clinic doesn't provide them, send a bellboy from the hotel to pick them up, its not like you need a script.  You will be fine!!!

Brandee01
on 2/23/14 12:06 am

Thanks! I'm glad you did well

Apastrano18
on 2/18/14 9:38 pm

I'm here by myself now......u will be fine. They are with you from the moment they pick u up at the airport until you are ready to leave. I had surgery on Sunday 2/16 at mi doctor hospital. The rooms at the hospital have a lock box to keep your important stuff while u are in surgery. I'm at the Marriot hotel in TJ and the rooms also have lock boxes. I haven't had any issues being here alone. As a matter of fact, today I plan to do a little shopping....I feel that good :) best of luck

Brandee01
on 2/23/14 12:05 am

I'm so glad you are feeling well enough to shop. And thanks for the reassurance!

Eggface
on 2/22/14 11:56 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I went alone too. All was well. It was a little lonely and drug/anesthesia make most people a little weepy so be prepared for that... computer/skype maybe.Ask your surgeon's office to fill the prescriptions since you are alone... someone should be able to run down and do that... or if not someone at the hotel perhaps. I found everyone to be so nice, whoever is transporting you from the hospital back tot he hotel would probably stop for you. I second the others suggestion of leaving most of your things at the hotel in the in room safe, only bring necessities to the hospital.

Best to you. I've had 3 surgeries in Mexico all alone and they went well... hope you have as good as an experience.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Brandee01
on 2/23/14 12:03 am

Shelly

Thank you for your post. I feel better hearing from others who have gone alone and been fine. I'm sure they are used to helping out when someone's there on their own. Hope you are doing well!

Brandee

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views