Dr. Kelly-March 8, 2014

llLou
on 2/10/14 9:39 am - Halifax NS, Canada

He will be fine with the both of you. You both will be up walking in several hours after your surgery. My companion had lots of time on her hands. I  was so glad to have her along though.

rziller
on 2/10/14 11:18 am
VSG on 03/08/14

Thanks! I just responded to your pm, so check your inbox! Thanks again. 

Mary C.
on 2/12/14 3:00 am - Glovertown, Canada

I kinda think the majority of people travel alone. And I feel your hubby should be quite fine with the two of you. I went down with my hubby in May when he was sleeved - and had a LOT of down time to myself. All post-ops are different though - but I feel asking someone else to go along for post-op reasons is probably not necessary. Unless you are flush with cash and have someone who is just itching to be asked to go!  Best of luck to you both!

rziller
on 2/12/14 9:00 am
VSG on 03/08/14

Thanks, Mary. Not flush with cash, just spoiled, I guess! Glad to see another couple who have both had WLS. Do you find it easier to stay "good" with both of you having to eat better? After hubby got sleeved, I gained weight from not wanting his food to go to waste! Now that he's almost 2 years post op, I see him struggling to maintain his weight (and it doesn't help that I eat things that tempt him.) I'm hoping that getting sleeved will help us both eat better! Any thoughts?

robynimac229
on 2/14/14 4:02 am
RNY on 08/21/13

I had RNY in August. I traveled alone and I had complications. Dr. Kelly was great to rectify those complications. There were a couple of gentlemen that had the sleeve done and we all went over to the hotel before we left. They were in great shape walking around and sight seeing like nothing was wrong. I was in a wheel chair and didn't leave my room. I had wished my hubby or at least a friend was there with me.

People have asked me if I would do it over again since I had such problems, and my honest answer is YES! I am happy and healthy and like the way I am look again and it shows in my personality.

I have a blog if you want to read it, but remember, I am not trying to scare you out of your surgery. just stated everything that went wrong with me, there in Mexico and after I returned home to the states. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Robyn

HW 249 -  CW 158 - GW 115  Blog: http://robynsweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

amimjgnr
on 2/19/14 3:16 pm

Hey Rziller,

I'm scheduled to have VSG done with Dr. Kelly on March 10th! Maybe I will see you there!! :)

I'm flying down with my daughter, and my husband is staying home (and I prefer it that way! A little distance makes the heart grow fonder, right? haha).

rziller
on 2/20/14 12:57 pm
VSG on 03/08/14

Ha-ha! Absolutely! I'm grateful my hubby's going because otherwise, I probably wouldn't be getting the surgery! My niece was the original one going to get sleeved and at Christmas asked me to go with her as her travel companion. My husband overheard us talking and when he realized the trip was going to be over Spring Break (we both work for school districts) he encouraged me to go as a patient and said he'd go and take care of both of us! So... Hard to complain about that! He got sleeved almost 2 years ago, so very supportive and knowledgable, which will help. 

We leave to come home on the 11th. Hope I get to meet you and your daughter! 

46 year old female- 5' 6"- Highest weight (11/2013):245; Surgery weight(3/8/2014): 231 Current Weight (5/14/14): 199.4 (PreOp: -5; M1: -18; M2: -8)

amimjgnr
on 2/21/14 3:46 am

That's great that your husband is going with you!! Was he sleeved by Dr. Kelly as well?? Oh wait! I think I remember reading in another post of yours that he had it done in the states, but insurance took care of it. Am I right?

As for our family, all of this weight loss surgery is very new to us, so there is still a lot of apprehension and excitement combined. I definitely hope we can cross paths when we are down there!

I wanted to send you a private message to ask you some questions, but it seems like I can't (I can't click on your username for some reason). Maybe it's my computer, but I will try to send you a PM again later.

amimjgnr
on 2/21/14 5:09 am

I figured it out, and sent you a PM! So please check your inbox when you get a chance. Thanks!

auntieRhonda
on 2/24/14 6:55 am - Sydney, Canada

Hi :) my name is Rhonda and I am from Nova Scotia Canada. I hope you don't mind me contacting you but I see that you are going with Dr. Kelly and I am contemplating him as well. Would you mind if I ask how much you will be paying ? I don't want to contact him until I know that I have all of the funds I will need. I have done tons of research and I keep reading really good things about him, so I think he is a good choice. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views